The Lets Get Rid Of Our Cops Movement

Box Ox

Here's what defunding actually causes;

Good. If San Francisco's residents aren't willing to stand up and demand an end to the madness, :censored2: 'em. I couldn't imagine living in a hard leftist :censored2:hole that puts up with that stuff.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Hahaha! Yeah, let’s keep sending those civilian traffic enforcement agents to accidents.
Ah well that explains it...
Saw that video over the weekend without context and was wondering why the hell the people in police uniforms were such little bitches.

Box Ox

Hahaha! Yeah, let’s keep sending those civilian traffic enforcement agents to accidents.

What the :censored2:?

I just Googled "Civilian Traffic Enforcement Agents" and apparently Philadelphia will be doing this dumb :censored2: too. Doing this kind of thing supposedly puts one's city at the "forefront of street policing".

"Philadelphia became the first big American city to halt its own police officers from making traffic stops when minor infractions are the reasons for such pullovers.

Meanwhile, the city will begin hiring for its first class of unarmed traffic enforcement officers this month, according to a WHYY report published Monday, and plan have the traffic cops start duty early next year. The civilian positions, who will not be sworn cops, were approved by Philadelphia voters through a ballot question in 2019.

The two changes to the way motor vehicle laws are enforced in Philadelphia have turned the city into one of the most proactive in the United States when it comes to mitigating the inequity in how people of color are pulled over compared to white drivers.

"I am grateful to my colleagues for voting to pass my Driving Equality bills,” Philadelphia Councilman Isaiah Thomas said after his legislation was approved. "But more so, I am humbled by every person who told my office of the humiliation and trauma experienced in some of these traffic stops."

Thomas, who is Black, said, "To many people who look like me, a traffic stop is a rite of passage."

"We pick out cars, we determine routes, we plan our social interactions around the fact that it is likely that we will be pulled over by police," he added. "By removing the traffic stops that promote discrimination rather than public safety, City Council has made our streets safer and more equitable."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What the :censored2:?

I just Googled "Civilian Traffic Enforcement Agents" and apparently Philadelphia will be doing this dumb :censored2: too. Doing this kind of thing supposedly puts one's city at the "forefront of street policing".

"Philadelphia became the first big American city to halt its own police officers from making traffic stops when minor infractions are the reasons for such pullovers.

Meanwhile, the city will begin hiring for its first class of unarmed traffic enforcement officers this month, according to a WHYY report published Monday, and plan have the traffic cops start duty early next year. The civilian positions, who will not be sworn cops, were approved by Philadelphia voters through a ballot question in 2019.

The two changes to the way motor vehicle laws are enforced in Philadelphia have turned the city into one of the most proactive in the United States when it comes to mitigating the inequity in how people of color are pulled over compared to white drivers.

"I am grateful to my colleagues for voting to pass my Driving Equality bills,” Philadelphia Councilman Isaiah Thomas said after his legislation was approved. "But more so, I am humbled by every person who told my office of the humiliation and trauma experienced in some of these traffic stops."

Thomas, who is Black, said, "To many people who look like me, a traffic stop is a rite of passage."

"We pick out cars, we determine routes, we plan our social interactions around the fact that it is likely that we will be pulled over by police," he added. "By removing the traffic stops that promote discrimination rather than public safety, City Council has made our streets safer and more equitable."
Wait until the first Civilian Traffic Enforcement Agent is shot and killed by someone they pulled over.

bacha29

It would appear that the CPD has forgotten the fact that the CPD is not an independent paramilitary organization .It operates at the direction of the mayor and city government .
As for so called "defunding the police". This has been slowly going on for years as city revenues and resources has been unable to keep up and meet the funding needs of many if not all city departmental needs.
Public safety, roads, water and sewer ,schools etc have all been short on money for years. Prosecution of Portland rioters had to be limited to the most serious offenses.

oldngray

nowhere special
123431.jpg

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It would appear that the CPD has forgotten the fact that the CPD is not an independent paramilitary organization .It operates at the direction of the mayor and city government .
It would appear that Democrats are anti union as they are attacking the rights of the members to collectively bargain.

The mayor is a completely deranged leftist who hates police and called them insurrectionists. You people have gone off the deep end.