The most pointless job at UPS

upsyo

Someone I believe from CACH (could be a hub before the package gets to CACH) covers Surepost barcodes and its obviously their job because there are tons this way every single day. They cover the address it's going to as well. What is the point of this? So I sit there and just peel them right off. Talk about wasting money. Makes absolutely no sense. They are sometimes easy to peel off but other times they damage the label underneath.

They also cover shipper labels....for example Walmart packages that have the barcodes at the bottom.

I could see someone covering old shipping labels but this is just pointless.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have no idea why this is being done yet have taken it upon yourself to remove those labels?? Do yourself a favor---do what you are supposed to do and don't worry about what others are doing. There very well may be a valid reason this is being done.

over9five

Staff member
You have no idea why this is being done yet have taken it upon yourself to remove those labels?? Do yourself a favor---do what you are supposed to do and don't worry about what others are doing. There very well may be a valid reason this is being done.

Maybe that IS what he's supposed to do....

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I hear some people pull them off and place them on purpose, as a joke. One guy told me he did it to a ton of packages to his driver, because it was his birthday.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I think the most pointless job at UPS is the team that takes a route like mine, that was stop for stop or at least damn close, and fixes it.

Now I have stops right next to each other with 12 stops in between them, BRILLANT. And these people get paid to do this.

UPS, if it aint broke keep fixing it, you will get there.

Floyd Gondolli

The most pointless job in my building is the "safety coordinator," which is management, or whoever makes those posters about diabetes and cardio-vascular disease or whatever. OR whenever i see a management person bs-ing with the hot sales rep. about their trivialities, they should be let go!!

Listen to Dixie Witch.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The most pointless job is center manager !!

All you need is a dispatch sup and driver sups. All a center manager does is throw warning letters around like peanut shells at a ballgame.