The Official Brown Cafe Racing Thread

Turbo-J

. Reminds me when Super Stock and Drag Illustrated called it a day but then the internet brought us it's near online version in Competition Plus. Maybe NSSN can re-emerge is some similar form.

Thanks for everything Chris!

fyi...Drag Illustrated is still around, or its a new version of the drag illust. from before...its one of the best pro street/pro mod/ outlaw 10.5/doorcars mags around....$99 for liftetime subscription..u can also view issues online

wkmac

fyi...Drag Illustrated is still around, or its a new version of the drag illust. from before...its one of the best pro street/pro mod/ outlaw 10.5/doorcars mags around....$99 for liftetime subscription..u can also view issues online

Tx!

moreluck

golden ticket member
payne.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
All packed and ready to leave for 10 straight nights if sprintcar racing in Knoxville, Iowa. I kind of hope it cools off a little while I'm down there.

wkmac

End of an era!

Remember well in 78' when Kenny returned to Funny Car racing with the Chelsea Street Pub car and the late Leroy Goldstein wrenching the car. Ah the 70's, the glory days of Funny Car.

rod

Retired 22 years
End of an era!

Remember well in 78' when Kenny returned to Funny Car racing with the Chelsea Street Pub car and the late Leroy Goldstein wrenching the car. Ah the 70's, the glory days of Funny Car.

I still have an old tee-shirt from 1992 that has a speed limit sign on it and says "Speed Limit 301.70" from when he was the first to break the 300 mph barrier.

texan

I still have an old tee-shirt from 1992 that has a speed limit sign on it and says "Speed Limit 301.70" from when he was the first to break the 300 mph barrier.
War story and I guess necro post for all of us. I was there when the first Jet Powered cars ran at Atco N.J
many many years ago.

They lit up hit the afterburner and blew out the glass from the tower.

They (the owners and officials) had no idea that would happen.

tourists24

Stupid question---was Tom Cruise's characters name in "Days of Thunder"---Cole Trickle---a tribute to this man?
The name was sort of a tip of the hat to Dick, but Dick was not as accomplished as a sprint car driver. He was nontheless a legend. The role of Cole was rumored to have been patterned after Tim Richmond who was much more flamboyant....

As will many. Carl Edwards, sharing the same number as Trickle is famous for, qualified on the pole for Saturdays cup race with his name replaced over the door by Trickle's.

I've lived my entire life in the Midwest and probably 90% of my trips into the state of Wisconsin was to see this man race. Despite the darkness of his passing he will be remembered as a good man from humble beginnings who loved and was loved by his fans.

wkmac

Stupid question---was Tom Cruise's characters name in "Days of Thunder"---Cole Trickle---a tribute to this man?

The character Cole Trickle was loosely based on the late Tim Richmond and Robert Duval's character on the legendary crew chief, Harry Hyde.

RIP #LEFturn!