The Official Brown Cafe Racing Thread

wkmac

Another fatality in NHRA. TAD driver Mark Niver killed when chutes failed and car folded up in the safety net. Front of car was folded back into driver cockpit. Initially local Sheriff shutdown race for an hour to investigate accident and then allowed race to restart. This all happened before the final rounds and not long after restart, law enforcement came out and shutdown entire event. This according to Competition Plus. Also ESPN reporting on the matter

Seems NHRA website is offline at the moment, I guess to allow more to develop before issuing a statement. Already this weekend NHRA and Pro Stock drivers were in dispute over track prep with traction compound as the track was only prepped to the 1000 ft mark for the fuel cars making the last 300 plus feet a bit slick for the door cars running out the back door. I don't believe the PS issue had anything to do with Niver's accident but it's not going to help either.

I see 1000 ft racing coming for all classes and 1/8th mile could be considered. The ADRL series has been wildly successful on 1/8th mile so who knows.

wkmac

I will be there Aug. 5th thru Aug. 14th. ---10 glorious nights of sprint car racing . :happy-very:

You must be going for both the 360 and 410 Nationals!

You Dog!!!!!!!!!!!
:wink2:

Enjoy and skip a shower for a few days just to glory in that dirt track feel.

rod

Retired 22 years
You must be going for both the 360 and 410 Nationals!

You Dog!!!!!!!!!!!
:wink2:

Enjoy and skip a shower for a few days just to glory in that dirt track feel.

Yes I am. Also the non wing night and party night (aug 9-10) in Oskalossa. I started packing the old camper yesterday.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes I am. Also the non wing night and party night (aug 9-10) in Oskalossa. I started packing the old camper yesterday.
"Old camper", riiiight! I'm sure that rod would have us think he's driving this

RV%20Stabilizers12.jpg

when in reality, his chauffer is driving him in THIS! And the old camper he refers to, is in fact himself.:happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Thats not "camping" -----thats living in luxury. My "camper" is a Scamp. A small fibeglass trailer that looks like a big egg being pulled down the road. I put my motorcycle in the back of my pickup, load a little motorscooter in the Scamp and I have everything I need.

Mine is a little newer and a little longer. This one is 13' and I believe mine is 18'- the largest Scamp makes. Works fine for all my camping needs.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Hey Rod, you home from K'ville yet? Give us the stories from the Nationals!

Just got back at 5:00 today. Had a great time as usual. The A-Main Saturday night was one of the most exciting races I have ever seen. I recommend watching it on Speed on Aug 28th at 4:30 eastern. I did get all the hot & humid weather I can take for this summer though. We had a ton of rain (parts of Iowa had serious flooding) but it did it at night after the races. Only one night (friday) was cancelled so they ran that show Sat. afternoon. Everyone should do 10 straight nights of sprint car racing. Its a great way to test your bodies limits. The battle that lasted 50 laps between Swindell, Schatz and Shaffer was amazing. The wierdest thing I saw there was a 5 ft. long Black snake crawling across the parking lot at the local MacDonalds. Oh and the crowd at the Dingus' Bar across the street from the track was pretty wierd (and wild) also.

wkmac

I heard Shaffer's win was an awesome sight and to hear he took it from both Schatz and Swindell is moreso as these 2 are always strong at the Nationals. Did you notice Robby Wolfgang in the 360's? He left 2 wheels in 08' to follow in his father's footstep and just curious if he has the Wolf's racing DNA?

Glad you enjoyed the Nationals.

kdoubleol

Is there a thread for the strictly purpose of talking about how much david ragan sucks???
#6 car is cool but ragan sucks hard ,he's a disgrace to nascar .

rod

Retired 22 years
I heard Shaffer's win was an awesome sight and to hear he took it from both Schatz and Swindell is moreso as these 2 are always strong at the Nationals. Did you notice Robby Wolfgang in the 360's? He left 2 wheels in 08' to follow in his father's footstep and just curious if he has the Wolf's racing DNA?

Glad you enjoyed the Nationals.

Robby Wolfgang has load of natural talent. With a little more experience he will with out a doubt be running with the best of them. (If he can get a good sponcer)

Shaffer's win was awesome - he truly did take it away from Schotz. Sammy on the other hand would of won hands down if it wasn't for his tire blowing. Judge for yourself after watching the rebroadcast this Saturday at 4:30 eastern on Speed

rod

Retired 22 years
Wow! What a mess. I can't believe there were that many fans in the stands to watch a couple of under powered station wagons race.