the P500 has been reborn

Pip

Just as the last of the old P500's are seeing there last days of work. I am sure a lot of guys have been down in the dumps fretting they will not be able to hop in the old p500 and go for a drive for old time sake. :wink2:

There is a new version of the P500 coming soon. The first order of 500 trucks will be in service soon if not already. With a new aerodynamic hood and the modern technology, drivers of old will be able to relive there early days in those P500's once again.

More details to follow as they come in.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm anxiously awaiting, thats for sure! All our new cars have been P7s and P12s the last few years. We are down to one P32 and six P5s, plus one new Morgan-Olson "Work Horse". Are these new P5s the same as a "Work Horse"?

tourists24

I'm anxiously awaiting, thats for sure! All our new cars have been P7s and P12s the last few years. We are down to one P32 and six P5s, plus one new Morgan-Olson "Work Horse". Are these new P5s the same as a "Work Horse"?
Scratch,,, you can have ALL of our P500s... we still have a bunch.... but I am still curious if anyone out there has a pic of the old P600?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Here is a picture of our one Morgan-Olson Work Horse from my Profile Page Photo Album. I am wondering if this is what Pip is talking about. I wish I had a picture of a P600. I used to drive those things. Last time I saw one, it was in Honolulu about five years ago.
IMG_0876_2.jpg

W

westsideworma

Here is a picture of our one Morgan-Olson Work Horse from my Profile Page Photo Album. I am wondering if this is what Pip is talking about. I wish I had a picture of a P600. I used to drive those things. Last time I saw one, it was in Honolulu about five years ago.

we got a few of those recently at my building, its amazing how shiny the new trucks are inside before they get "broken in" lol.

haydendavid380

is property of UPS

All the Workhorses we have at our center are 12's I'm pretty sure that everything we have that is under a 6 is still the old style package car. We have tons of old 8's too. Most of our new package cars are Freightliner P7 and different kinds of 12's.

outta hours

Thanks outta hours,
I'm surprised to see a P600 with the new logo on it, I wonder if any of them are still on the road. I thought these were just as bad as a P8. I will try to add this to my album.

No problem I'm on vacation. I've got plenty of time for stuff like this. Sure is nice too.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm surprised they would make a usable vehicle so small anymore. Minimum size in our building anymore is P7's. we have some smaller trucks amd vans but they are air run specific

brownrodster

We've got a bunch of brand new p5's... They are too small. I don't like delivering out of them. Drivers seat is too uncomfortable. You need to be a short male or normal female to fit them properly.

browniehound

Scratch,,, you can have ALL of our P500s... we still have a bunch.... but I am still curious if anyone out there has a pic of the old P600?

I would love to see one of these trucks! I have heard so much about them from this message board and the drivers in the center that are older than me. I've been working since '99 at UPS but have never seen a P600! Could someone please post a picture?

Thanks so much in advance!

Peace,
Brownie:peaceful:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm surprised they would make a usable vehicle so small anymore. Minimum size in our building anymore is P7's. we have some smaller trucks amd vans but they are air run specific
We have rural routes where anything larger than a P5 cant turn around in the driveways or get in under the tree branches.

cino321

We have a few new 500's, and they are sweet. We need them in our building since our areas are tight and congested. But the package car itself is a pleasure to drive.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would love to see one of these trucks! I have heard so much about them from this message board and the drivers in the center that are older than me. I've been working since '99 at UPS but have never seen a P600! Could someone please post a picture?
Brownie:peaceful:

outta hours put a couple of pics in posts 8 and 9. I added one to my Profile Album.