The Package Car Safety Concern response from the UPS Help Line is in.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Any calls to that # are a waste of your time. It's soul purpose is to get everyone to squeal on each other.

anonymous,

Although I was unable to get the Corporate Executives of UPS to respond to this concern to my satisfaction, I have to disagree with you. I don't think it was a waste of time.

Their lack of a response tells me just as much about their character as a response in accordance with their claims in the UPS Code of Business Conduct, and the UPS Policy Book would have.

The evidence is mounting that the Corporate Executives of UPS make false claims to their people, their customers, their shareowners and their communities as to how they conduct themselves both corporately as an organization and individually as executives of UPS.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you surprised that they didn't take action that would cost tens of millions of dollars based upon a fictitious individuals anonymous alleged non-fact based unspecific concern?
FracusBrown,

Surprised no. Disappointed yes. It is true I chose to remain anonymous and it is also a claim of the Corporate Executives of UPS that that the choice to remain anonymous will be respected.

Do you believe they are being honest when they make this claim?

I have read over my concern again and I have to disagree with you. The concern is fact based and very specific.

If you see it differently, please site the text from the concern that is unspecific and I will look at it again and respond if necessary.

Sincerely,
I

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
anonymous,

Although I was unable to get the Corporate Executives of UPS to respond to this concern to my satisfaction, I have to disagree with you. I don't think it was a waste of time.

Their lack of a response tells me just as much about their character as a response in accordance with their claims in the UPS Code of Business Conduct, and the UPS Policy Book would have.

The evidence is mounting that the Corporate Executives of UPS make false claims to their people, their customers, their shareowners and their communities as to how they conduct themselves both corporately as an organization and individually as executives of UPS.

Sincerely,
I

Wonder why these people disagree? UPS was named one of the most ethical companies in 2010. Not getting what you want does not make it unethical.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100325045103/http://ethisphere.com/wme2010/

The World’s Most Ethical Companies designation recognizes companies that truly go beyond making statements about doing business “ethically” and translate those words into action. WME honorees demonstrate real and sustained ethical leadership within their industries, putting into real business practice the Institute’s credo of “Good. Smart. Business. Profit.”
There is no set number of companies that make the list each year. Rather, the World’s Most Ethical Company designation is awarded to those companies that have leading ethics and compliance programs, particularly as compared to their industry peers.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you want to take a stand
then feel free to do so,but you must take into account your anonymity.
You could work at walmart for all they know.Why should they listen to
some Jim Casey wannabee nowhere man telling them how to run their company?
Don't get me wrong buddy,no disrespect intended on my part either, but even
though your efforts are admirable,you will get nowhere as the invisible man.
DS,

I brought forth a concern, a very valid concern.

The Corporate Executives of UPS claim to want concerns brought forth and they also claim to respond to concerns when they are brought forth, even when they are anonymous.

I did not make this claim about them, they made this claim about themselves.

That is why they should have responded to this concern.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Wonder why these people disagree? UPS was named one of the most ethical companies in 2010. Not getting what you want does not make it unethical.

The World’s Most Ethical Companies designation recognizes companies that truly go beyond making statements about doing business “ethically” and translate those words into action. WME honorees demonstrate real and sustained ethical leadership within their industries, putting into real business practice the Institute’s credo of “Good. Smart. Business. Profit.”
There is no set number of companies that make the list each year. Rather, the World’s Most Ethical Company designation is awarded to those companies that have leading ethics and compliance programs, particularly as compared to their industry peers.
FracusBrown,

It is great that UPS can obtain distinctions like this, however it does little to justify how the Corporate Executives have failed to answer this concern.

Maybe you can give me a line by line run down of my concern and convince me of the Corporate Executives inability to handle it.

In order for me to get to know you a little better, I have a question:

If a company such as UPS hired a 24/7 compliance line to handle employee concerns and a company such as UPS gave responses to the concerns to the 24/7 compliance line to read back to the employee that just were not true, and can be proven to be not true; would you view this as an unethical act or not?

Sincerely,
I

browned out

No but when a company preaches safety above all else; refuses to live up to early 1980's standards for shoulder harness seat belts and seats that provide neck support speaks volumes about their lack of integrity and qualifies as unethical.