The partners have left the room

Thebrownblob

He's probably actually not a bad guy
1703355049008.gif

badpal

I am still here. Lots and lots of speculation.

What you need to worry about is all the packages that FEDX has retained. The cut-backs for the union ranks begins this week. Its going to be ugly.

1st QTR of next year is when it really begins....No/low volume is the issue, not too many management people.
It's hard for us hourlies to gauge, but any guesses on peak volume numbers this year compared to last?

badpal

I will not post a number but lets just say a lot of people went home early this peak.
Well u can kinda tell from the lack of crying and whining on here. But this was my 45th peak and cannot remember better weather from start to finish. One of the biggest changes i have seen it that time is the the lack of person to person Christmas packages. 30 years ago peak week package cars would be stuffed with boxes from grandma.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Just in from Atlanta. @MECH-II is being promoted to center manager of 3 centers to fill the dwindling ranks of management axed by Carol. No new hourlies will be hired to replace him as part of a wider thinning of the herd.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
What you need to worry about is all the packages that FEDX has retained. The cut-backs for the union ranks begins this week. Its going to be ugly.

In my region it doesn't look like FedEx has retained anything. Local driver told me a bunch of them getting laid off and a whole lotta half empty cube trucks the week before Christmas.

Management in my center is already asking for veterans to take unpaid days or WEEKS off in January so they don't have to layoff as many people. The fear is that they could lay off so many RPCDs that they could technically liquidate our entire PT preloader and local sort.

Well u can kinda tell from the lack of crying and whining on here. But this was my 45th peak and cannot remember better weather from start to finish. One of the biggest changes i have seen it that time is the the lack of person to person Christmas packages. 30 years ago peak week package cars would be stuffed with boxes from grandma.
It's expensive for the average person to ship something UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
45 peaks got damn
You got a pack of ex wives or what

PT Car Washer

In my region it doesn't look like FedEx has retained anything. Local driver told me a bunch of them getting laid off and a whole lotta half empty cube trucks the week before Christmas.

Management in my center is already asking for veterans to take unpaid days or WEEKS off in January so they don't have to layoff as many people. The fear is that they could lay off so many RPCDs that they could technically liquidate our entire PT preloader and local sort.
How small is your building?

It's hard for us hourlies to gauge, but any guesses on peak volume numbers this year compared to last?
don't quote me but I think overall we were down like 10% under LY for the month

our peak day was like 20% under though, Cyber Week is the absolute King now, week before Christmas is nothing anymore

Thebrownblob

don't quote me but I think overall we were down like 10% under LY for the month

our peak day was like 20% under though, Cyber Week is the absolute King now, week before Christmas is nothing anymore
I can believe that I was definitely smashed for a solid week after Thanksgiving, and it steadily dropped after that.