The Pope is a Dope

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Meeting with Kim Davis? He just dropped several levels with most sane people.

He should have told her "DO YOUR JOB!!!".

From the church known for condoning homosexual pedophilia. Amazing.

Last edited:

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Meeting with Kim Davis? He just dropped several levels with most sane people.

He should have told her "DO YOUR JOB!!!".

"History I believe furnishes no example of a
priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest
grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will
always avail themselves for their own purpose. " — Thomas Jefferson to
Baron von Humboldt, 1813

"Millions of innocent men, women and
children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured,
fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one
half the world fools and the other half hypocrites" –Thomas Jefferson,
Notes on Virginia, 1782.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The title of this thread is stupid!
At least when we mention "Odumbo", it's in the thread entitled President Obama.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

9kqzxe.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
"History I believe furnishes no example of a
priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest
grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will
always avail themselves for their own purpose. " — Thomas Jefferson to
Baron von Humboldt, 1813

"Millions of innocent men, women and
children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured,
fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one
half the world fools and the other half hypocrites" –Thomas Jefferson,
Notes on Virginia, 1782.
But then again, an agent of the state really shouldn't condemn how institutions treat the populace.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I disagree with what the pope did. But this line is just ridiculous.
Got your head in the sand? The church had known for years that priests were abusing children. They just moved them to another parish to let them start it all over gain rather than alert law enforcement.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I disagree with what the pope did. But this line is just ridiculous.

Is it? The church knew for decades, and intentionally shipped guilty priests to other areas. The key word here is intentionally. They knew full well they were covering up major bad behavior. They still haven't addressed it fully and this Pope is participating in the campaign to try and make us forget about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The title of this thread is stupid!
At least when we mention "Odumbo", it's in the thread entitled President Obama.

WUT? I guess it makes sense to you. The Pope is truly a dope for meeting with Ms. Davis because it certainly appears that the Catholic Church is still in the Dark Ages when it comes to homosexuality. The irony of the gay priest cover-up is apparently lost on you. One of these days, a Pope is going to be fingered for past transgressions with a young boy. Maybe not Francis, but he knows, and he isn't willing to have the Church pay-up. They have the money.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
All priests?
Not all priests are pedophiles. However, the Milwaukee Archdiocese has recently settled a lawsuit for $21 million to compensate 330 clergy abuse victims in Wisconsin. The church swept this under the rug for decades and has now come back to bite them.

wayfair

swollen member
Is it? The church knew for decades, and intentionally shipped guilty priests to other areas. The key word here is intentionally. They knew full well they were covering up major bad behavior. They still haven't addressed it fully and this Pope is participating in the campaign to try and make us forget about it.

And you probably believe that all Catholics worship Mary

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And there is also the gun issue....
View attachment 55520
That's not a quote of Pope Francis, it's part of a quote from a news article:

Pope Francis insinuated over the weekend that weapons manufacturers and those who invest in the weapons industry are hypocrites if they call themselves Christians.

“It makes me think of … people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons,” he said at a youth rally in Turin, Italy, according to Reuters. “That leads to a bit a distrust, doesn’t it?”

He also criticized those who invest in weapons industries, saying "duplicity is the currency of today ... they say one thing and do another."

I'd say he has a valid point worth discussing.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The Pope is surrounded by armed security for good reason. To try and connect the two issues is insane.
I totally agree that the Pope needs armed security.

It would logically follow, however, that the weapons that are being carried by his security must be manufactured by, and purchased from, an arms company.

He seems to be implying by his statement that no one who manufactures or sells weapons can in good conscience call themselves a Christian. How then can one carry such a weapon and still be a Christian?

Perhaps he needs to clarify his statement because it is hypocritical to both condemn and embrace a thing at the same time.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I totally agree that the Pope needs armed security.

It would logically follow, however, that the weapons that are being carried by his security must be manufactured by, and purchased from, an arms company.

He seems to be implying by his statement that no one who manufactures or sells weapons can in good conscience call themselves a Christian. How then can one carry such a weapon and still be a Christian?

Perhaps he needs to clarify his statement because it is hypocritical to both condemn and embrace a thing at the same time.
It's probably a mistake to expect logical consistency from the head of a religious order.