The Pope is a Dope

newfie

Suggests that without Michelangelo's paintings there may be little of your god even left. In the Old Testament such works would be destroyed on the grounds of having violated the 2nd commandment. Why ignore that Old Testament law and cherry pick so many others?

I'd also suggest that Stephen Fry may well see those great works of more value than you do. Were they to include a reference to another god or even be about another god, Fry would still treasure them as a great work whereas I'm not convinced you would still feel of them as you do now.

Maybe that in itself sez much.

and perhaps your god is another man with all his shortcomings and insecurities? Your panties bunch up? Perhaps a larger size will alleviate some of the discomfort?

For what its worth I was commenting more as a historian then theologian on the treasures in the Vatican.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
troll induced thread.

Dope-induced response. The Pope meets with Kim Davis, tells her to "be strong", and then gives her rosaries? Insignificant? The Pope is sending mixed messages about the homosexual issue, since it has been revealed he also met with a gay couple. Maybe he's going to bring the Catholic Church forward out of their backward beliefs...maybe not.

As far as the Catholics covering-up gay priests and an subculture within the priesthood? Fact. I guess you're an offended Catholic.

Too bad.

newfie

Dope-induced response. The Pope meets with Kim Davis, tells her to "be strong", and then gives her rosaries? Insignificant? The Pope is sending mixed messages about the homosexual issue, since it has been revealed he also met with a gay couple. Maybe he's going to bring the Catholic Church forward out of their backward beliefs...maybe not.

As far as the Catholics covering-up gay priests and an subculture within the priesthood? Fact. I guess you're an offended Catholic.

Too bad.

I think you're over analyzing to defend your thread. Pope disagree's with gay marriage but does not hate the gay person. HIs meeting with the gay couple shows that he will not hate any individual for what they are. I also do not put much stock in his meeting with Kim Davis. He has in the past criticized public officials who claim to be religious yet do not practice what they preach. So perhaps his meeting was a small effort to support that position.
No I'm not an offended catholic , not catholic at all . I do however pay attention to what the pope says. Its ok to expose yourself to opposing opinions my friend it does not hurt. From what I've seen on these threads on this site too much time and effort is wasted playing gotcha games rather then discussing the issues. Your thread here was nothing more then an attempt to get some of the people here riled up thus I labeled it a troll thread. Is pissing people here off that important to you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think you're over analyzing to defend your thread. Pope disagree's with gay marriage but does not hate the gay person. HIs meeting with the gay couple shows that he will not hate any individual for what they are. I also do not put much stock in his meeting with Kim Davis. He has in the past criticized public officials who claim to be religious yet do not practice what they preach. So perhaps his meeting was a small effort to support that position.
No I'm not an offended catholic , not catholic at all . I do however pay attention to what the pope says. Its ok to expose yourself to opposing opinions my friend it does not hurt. From what I've seen on these threads on this site too much time and effort is wasted playing gotcha games rather then discussing the issues. Your thread here was nothing more then an attempt to get some of the people here riled up thus I labeled it a troll thread. Is pissing people here off that important to you?

Discussing the policies and behavior of the leader of the one of the world's largest political groups apparently makes me a troll. I never troll, but if you want to think I do, that's OK with me. I piss people off all the time, and don't really care one way or the other.