The Process after Driving School

ChrisTheBrown

You guys think me going in tomorrow morning would be the best choice? dressed in uniform?

I just went through driver school/ training 6 months ago..(I'm not an off the street hire..) Anyways, a couple of times during my qualifying period, I went in ready to drive/ work..Only to find out that the route was cut for the day..Bothered me a great deal, but I still felt pretty good that I showed up, in my browns & ready to work..I could sense that management appreciated it as well, surprisingly. Find ways to make lasting impressions during your seasonal run, you never know what it could potentially lead to down the road..I worked as a seasonal driver helper for 3 consecutive peaks, before I then got hired in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jkd3dawg

Life's Tough so Suck it up
I'd love to give them a lasting impression but I gotta get the opportunity. That's the tough part. I have no clue when I will get a shot and I can't just sit home not making money

PT Car Washer

as
I just went through driver school/ training 6 months ago..(I'm not an off the street hire..) Anyways, a couple of times during my qualifying period, I went in ready to drive/ work..Only to find out that the route was cut for the day..Bothered me a great deal, but I still felt pretty good that I showed up, in my browns & ready to work..I could sense that management appreciated it as well, surprisingly. Find ways to make lasting impressions during your seasonal run, you never know what it could potentially lead to down the road..I worked as a seasonal driver helper for 3 consecutive peaks, before I then got hired in.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I hate to tell you but as a former driver helper and a seasonal (maybe) driver you are as important as a pimple on a flees butt to your center management team. Google cannon folder. That is what you are. Sometimes the truth hurts.

ChrisTheBrown

as
I hate to tell you but as a former driver helper and a seasonal (maybe) driver you are as important as a pimple on a flees butt to your center management team. Google cannon folder. That is what you are. Sometimes the truth hurts.

That may be true in most cases, but speaking for myself personally..My 3 year run as a seasonal helper is what got me my current preloader/ cover driver union job today..I'll never forget the day I called my center, couple days after I saw a job opening online (for part time package handler.) The OMS for my center couldn't say enough good things about me, to our HR rep. She basically personally went out of her way to make sure that I got the job. Going out of your way to make a good impression during peak certainly is worth attempting to do, speaking from my experience.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That may be true in most cases, but speaking for myself personally..My 3 year run as a seasonal helper is what got me my current preloader/ cover driver union job today..I'll never forget the day I called my center, couple days after I saw a job opening online (for part time package handler.) The OMS for my center couldn't say enough good things about me, to our HR rep. She basically personally went out of her way to make sure that I got the job. Going out of your way to make a good impression during peak certainly is worth attempting to do, speaking from my experience.

I have been able to get 3 helpers hired permanently based solely on their efforts during Peak. Two of them will be driving this Peak. Drivers, especially veterans, have a huge say as to who is kept on after Peak.

Hey everybody ! I'm a newbie not only to this forum but also UPS. I was recently hired along with 3 other people as full time drivers. I've completed all my orientation 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive a start date is this normally a lengthy process?

UPSGUY72

You and the other 3 people where hired as FT seasonal drivers. They will call you when the package volume picks up enough to where they have to put another route and they run out of Permanent UPS employee drivers.

That's kind of what I was thinking, however when I applied back in August there were a few positions one of them being a seasonal driver. I applied to the full time driver job that said nothing about seasonal. Either is fine by me I really just want an official start date

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's kind of what I was thinking, however when I applied back in August there were a few positions one of them being a seasonal driver. I applied to the full time driver job that said nothing about seasonal. Either is fine by me I really just want an official start date
Until your unemployed in January. They did that here they put on website full time driver but it was really for seasonal drivers. Was told the reason they did that was for people to apply because they wouldn't get alot of people to apply if it said seasonal drivers. Can you say false advertising by the SHADYBALLS themselves. Always something shady with these idiots lol.

Until your unemployed in January. They did that here they put on website full time driver but it was really for seasonal drivers. Was told the reason they did that was for people to apply because they wouldn't get alot of people to apply if it said seasonal drivers. Can you say false advertising by the SHADYBALLS themselves. Always something shady with these idiots lol.
Speaketh,the truth, Reverend Jump.