The Psychology of the BBQ

FedEx916

Our barbecue ended up being an exclusive event. The BBQ started after the PM sort went down, and those drivers that were still on road or had to go back out for PM dels came back to a completely cleaned down conference room, without a single morsel left behind. From what I heard, there had been plenty left, they just hadn't considered us once everyone had eaten. That's management for ya..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our barbecue ended up being an exclusive event. The BBQ started after the PM sort went down, and those drivers that were still on road or had to go back out for PM dels came back to a completely cleaned down conference room, without a single morsel left behind. From what I heard, there had been plenty left, they just hadn't considered us once everyone had eaten. That's management for ya..

Missing out on a hot dog and a can of soda isn't much of a loss, but what you really missed was the "opportunity" to bond with management and share in learning about the goals of the corporation. (Work harder, for less).

FedEx916

Missing out on a hot dog and a can of soda isn't much of a loss, but what you really missed was the "opportunity" to bond with management and share in learning about the goals of the corporation. (Work harder, for less).

This is a true statement. It was more the principle of the thing that pissed me off. Although at this point, I had already interviewed for a new job, and was sitting pretty with one foot out the door.

DontThrowPackages

They were probably thinking about saving the rest for the next BBQ