The QVC/HSN Phenomenon

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is amazing how bad the buying addiction can become.
I have a customer on my run that has a house full of QVC boxes, floor to ceiling and stacked outside on the porch.
She doesnt even live there. Here husband does and he complains every day. She lives with her very elderly mother 100 miles away and rarely comes to her own house any more. Her husband told me that she hasnt been there for over a year but she keeps buying!

Can you say "yard sale?"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would this be a conflict of interest? How is it any different than giving out any other website? Is it wrong to suggest a site to save customers money on the things they are all ready purchasing.

That's not the part that may cause the conflict--it is the part where you said that you could make a few bucks off the deal for yourself.

On one route I had a few years ago, had a QVC Queen that was sporadic yet predictable. The first of the month, every month she would get stuff everyday for a week, then nothing the remainder of the month. My problem was she lived in the country, three miles off pavement on the roughest dang roads in that county. I finally started holding her packages for four days and delivering them all on the fifth day. The second time I did that , she was home on the day I delivered and she asked my how they all came the same day as they were ordered one day at a time. I told her that I was holding them till they all came in, she was fine with that and thought it was a good idea. LOL< I still feel like I dodged a bullet on that one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On one route I had a few years ago, had a QVC Queen that was sporadic yet predictable. The first of the month, every month she would get stuff everyday for a week, then nothing the remainder of the month. My problem was she lived in the country, three miles off pavement on the roughest dang roads in that county. I finally started holding her packages for four days and delivering them all on the fifth day. The second time I did that , she was home on the day I delivered and she asked my how they all came the same day as they were ordered one day at a time. I told her that I was holding them till they all came in, she was fine with that and thought it was a good idea. LOL< I still feel like I dodged a bullet on that one.

You have perfectly described how rural remote was supposed to work and why the concept was ideal but their implementation was anything but.

You have perfectly described how rural remote was supposed to work and why the concept was ideal but their implementation was anything but.
During my stint on that route, Remote Delivery came and went. What I described about was after the RD failed. I could go on and on about why RD failed, but that's another thread.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

During my stint on that route, Remote Delivery came and went. What I described about was after the RD failed. I could go on and on about why RD failed, but that's another thread.

What I was trying to say that by you making the decision to hold her pkgs and then deliver them all on the same day, you were reducing miles and saving gas and she basically had no clue what was going on.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It was probably a good bullet to dodge but the benefits out-weighed the risks. LOL I wish we could do things like this more often with some of the worst rural stops.