The real reason theres 25k NG in DC right now

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Ah, didn't occur to me that you would make a connection based on that. Why would reserve vs guard trigger more/nuttier conspiracy theories? I mean, they already believed the guard was there to arrest pedophillic, canabalistic politicians.

Box Ox

Why would reserve vs guard trigger more/nuttier conspiracy theories? I mean, they already believed the guard was there to arrest pedophillic, canabalistic politicians.

Reserve units are part of the federal armed forces.

Guard units are organized on the state level, and the governor can call them to service in response to civil riots or natural disasters.

Need I say more?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Reserve units are part of the federal armed forces.

Guard units are organized on the state level, and the governor can call them to service in response to civil riots or natural disasters.

Need I say more?

The Guard has a Federal and a State Mission, states couldn't actually afford to maintain military forces without federal support. To use the Guard in another state would require federal orders.

Box Ox

The Guard has a Federal and a State Mission, states couldn't actually afford to maintain military forces without federal support. To use the Guard in another state would require federal orders.
Indeed. But they're not federal troops. Which was my only point regarding the possibility of even nuttier conspiracy theories and accusations if federal troops had been guarding DC during the Presidential Inauguration.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Indeed. But they're not federal troops. Which was my only point regarding the possibility of even nuttier conspiracy theories and accusations if federal troops had been guarding DC during the Presidential Inauguration.

The guard would be considered federal if under federal orders. I think strictly federal troops makes more sense, considering that it's a federal matter. Weren't there talks about riots at the state capitols? Seems like the states could have used their troops at home in case that stuff had happened.

Box Ox

Weren't there talks about riots at the state capitols? Seems like the states could have used their troops at home in case that stuff had happened.
Yep. I know Oregon only sent 30 troops to DC. Held back the rest so they could be ready to deal with the beta :censored2: losers rioting in Portland.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yep. I know Oregon only sent 30 troops to DC. Held back the rest so they could be ready to deal with the beta :censored2: losers rioting in Portland.

Too bad the Governor won't call them up. Just more free range rioting, nothing to see here. Did the conservatives displace antifa and blm? I thought they were all to busy working to support the slacker leftists living off welfare and unemployment so they have time to be out rioting and looting.

vantexan

So if a liberal administration takes over yet they still riot in Portland and Seattle they must be conservatives? Face it, y'all have a serious problem with Antifa, and using them last summer for political gain has metastasized them like a cancer. Good luck with that.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So if a liberal administration takes over yet they still riot in Portland and Seattle they must be conservatives? Face it, y'all have a serious problem with Antifa, and using them last summer for political gain has metastasized them like a cancer. Good luck with that.
Just wait until the the George Floyd cops walk free. And Kyle Rittenhouse.
Get your popcorn ready.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Not the sharpest tools in the shed. Not to mention the big let down for them is coming up. Drip drip drip..

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I wonder which one is correct

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus