THE REALITY OF THE U.P.S. CONTRACT

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You are correct I don't agree with you. I am not worried about anything on this forum in the least bit. The votes will be counted and what ever happens, happens again I'm not worried. The vast majority of people that are going to vote have already voted. I'm not trying to sway anything. No matter what I say you will be in TeamCare so keep posting videos it will not change. You will be in, as you put it the unsustainable fund. That it not clouding the issues clean your glasses sunshine.
He doesn't care?
He's not worried?
I'd be interested to know what his motivation is to maintain this 24/7 vigil we have all witnessed in recent days/months, if he's not worried and doesn't care?
He never seems to be more than a moment away, at any time of day?
I have never seen him stray from this board or topic?
Perhaps it's his job as a career union politician?
One thing is for sure, he doesn't like being asked tough relevant questions.

Stonefish

He doesn't care?
He's not worried?
I'd be interested to know what his motivation is to maintain this 24/7 vigil we have all witnessed in recent days/months, if he's not worried and doesn't care?
He never seems to be more than a moment away, at any time of day?
Perhaps it's his job as a career union politician?
One thing is for sure, he doesn't like being asked tough relevant questions.

Keep fishing B. It's gotta be frustrating to go for weeks and never catching anything. :)
I have no worries because life is good. I love my union. Unfortunately some are conspiracy theorist that will never be happy until they think they're right and tear down the union. It's a shame but it's life.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Keep fishing B. It's gotta be frustrating to go for weeks and never catching anything. :)
I have no worries because life is good. I love my union. Unfortunately some are conspiracy theorist that will never be happy until they think they're right and tear down the union. It's a shame but it's life.
You are truly "special".

oldngray

nowhere special
Is there a law that protects UPS HC plan from the ACA? Is it sustainable? According to @oldngray all plans would be funneled into the ACA single payer. I would think that T-H plans would be exempted before UPS plans.

The problem is ACA was poorly written and did not address those issues. And there is no law protecting UPS. T-H plans are subject to the same requirements and will be taxed for being a cadillac plan but won't get any subsidies like other Obamacare plans. When Obamacare fails as it is expected to, then the government will step in with the single payer system they originally wanted. Obama did promise unions their plans would be exempt then did not include it in the law.

oldngray

nowhere special
Do you own your house or the people whose hard work constructed it?

Personally, I own my house.

Not really a good comparison. UPS is a service company so its more like an unfinished house that is still under construction. If there were no construction workers then you would be stuck with a half finished house.

upschuck

The problem is ACA was poorly written and did not address those issues. And there is no law protecting UPS. T-H plans are subject to the same requirements and will be taxed for being a cadillac plan but won't get any subsidies like other Obamacare plans. When Obamacare fails as it is expected to, then the government will step in with the single payer system they originally wanted. Obama did promise unions their plans would be exempt then did not include it in the law.
My point was why are non-teamcare'ers complaining about sustainability, if no plan is sustainable. T-H plans would be exempted before others, I believe.

oldngray

nowhere special
My point was why are non-teamcare'ers complaining about sustainability, if no plan is sustainable. T-H plans would be exempted before others, I believe.

Would be and should be but the law needs to be changed because it currently isn't. And I was referring to Taft Hartley plans more than Teamcare although they do overlap. I am not saying those plans are not sustainable, but they probably won't be unless the law gets changed. In my opinion Teamcare is not better than sliced bread like some people feel and its worse than most of us previously had, but it is better than what we could get on open market. Open market isn't a fair comparison though since we would not be eligible for any subsidies (because we had a company plan available).

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
UPS has the deep pockets to make their plan "sustainable".
This is evident as they have endured a period of unprecedented, unparalleled, skyrocketing healthcare costs, while maintaining record profits.
Nothing has happened to make us think this trend isn't "sustainable".
Teamster run Teamcare however is being billed as unsustainable by the organizations President before many of us have even been enrolled.
How do we keep losing you guys?

Last edited: