THE REALITY OF THE U.P.S. CONTRACT

Irishman Collins

We were only going to pay 90.00 if our union allowed it. If our leaders stood strong and had the memberships interest in mind. There is no way U.P.S. would of let us walk. We had a full house and lost to a pair. I may not be a chief negotiator but I know when I have a good hand and I completely understand leverage.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

My grandfather Bernie said him me and every Irishman was inbread. We couldn't get off the damn island. We are from county Mayo being Irish is cool and all but I'm third generation American. I'm an American. I know my heritage Bubblehead but it just isn't that important. Anyway if you haven't sent your ballot in yet I strongly urge you to vote Yes. If you don't I am cool with this. I really don't care like you because I just don't. Sorry for being a good loyal teamster. Sorry for having common sense. I'm an inbread Irish forest gump mother$*cker that truly gets it. I'm glad I do get it. It might carry me to better things. God bless ya Bubblehead. See ya in Columbus someday.
Who
Yah, and you would have it under the UPS plan, right, that is why you were going to pay $90/week for it, something I am not willing to do.

Obviously you don't know about negotiations. Did we get a perfect contract? No, but that is not going to happen in a million years. Did UPS get a perfect contract? No, that won't happen either. I am a realist, I see a bigger picture.
We were only going to pay 90.00 if our union allowed it. If our leaders stood strong and had the memberships interest in mind. There is no way U.P.S. would of let us walk. We had a full house and lost to a pair. I may not be a chief negotiator but I know when I have a good hand and I completely understand leverage.

Sent using BrownCafe App
UPS chuck, since you like to quote famous people. Here is one for you from a real American Hero. Abraham Lincoln... " Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. " I for one would like our leaders to use their power to represent the interest of the people who pay their salary, not politicians or protecting an "unsustainable health plan".

Stonefish

Who

UPS chuck, since you like to quote famous people. Here is one for you from a real American Hero. Abraham Lincoln... " Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. " I for one would like our leaders to use their power to represent the interest of the people who pay their salary, not politicians or protecting an "unsustainable health plan".

Abraham Lincoln didn't talk about ACA

Stonefish

Sent using BrownCafe App

You are right about one thing you're not a chief negotiator, but you've tried like hell to get elected a few times.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I sure hope this contract gets ratified before its time to vote on the next one... Getting tired of the minority holding the majority hostage.

Irishman Collins

You are right about one thing you're not a chief negotiator, but you've tried like hell to get elected a few times.
Stonefish, again what are you referring to? I find your conspiracy theory on who i am most entertaining. Please keep it up. It makes me chuckle. lol. I am still waiting on an answer from anybody about any legislation either on the table or that has been approved to protect these members who are either in the Taft Hartley Plan or are being forced into the plan? You sound like a person that claims to be all about the Union and its leaders. So, I am sure you know of such legislation because if you don't either you don't understand the Affordable Care Act or you are protecting the interest of career politicians either Governmental or Union.

oldngray

nowhere special
Taft Hartley plans got hosed with the ACA. Obama made promises about them being exempt but after the law passed (and was finally read) it showed those were just empty promises.

Johnny Paycheck

Johnny Paycheck, the way i see it the minority are attempting to protect the majority and in the end i believe you will see that.
The majority showed they didn't care for any "protection" when they voted yes. I'm not into waiting all year while a couple of stragglers catch up because they think they're going to make a difference.

Stonefish

Stonefish, again what are you referring to? I find your conspiracy theory on who i am most entertaining. Please keep it up. It makes me chuckle. lol. I am still waiting on an answer from anybody about any legislation either on the table or that has been approved to protect these members who are either in the Taft Hartley Plan or are being forced into the plan? You sound like a person that claims to be all about the Union and its leaders. So, I am sure you know of such legislation because if you don't either you don't understand the Affordable Care Act or you are protecting the interest of career politicians either Governmental or Union.

That's what i'm here for entertainment value

Irishman Collins

The majority showed they didn't care for any "protection" when they voted yes. I'm not into waiting all year while a couple of stragglers catch up because they think they're going to make a difference.
Johnny Paycheck, i ask you please listen to the videos i posted and research the letter that Mr. Hoffa wrote to the Democratic party. Then if you tell me you are not concerned about protection. Well, i guess i wont know what to say?

Notcool

Where is my raise? I'm a 7 year part timer. .70 Sounds good to me. If anything the few that are holding back are going to see a backlash from the majority. As long as I get raises every year I'm happy. So step aside and vote yes. You guys get paid enough.

Irishman Collins

Johnny Paycheck, i ask you please listen to the videos i posted and research the letter that Mr. Hoffa wrote to the Democratic party. Then if you tell me you are not concerned about protection. Well, i guess i wont know what to say?
Johnny Paycheck, watch this additional video. Keep in mind there has not been any legislation to protect our healthcare as of yet. So how long will it be until our healthcare is "unsustainable"?

Irishman Collins

Where is my raise? I'm a 7 year part timer. .70 Sounds good to me. If anything the few that are holding back are going to see a backlash from the majority. As long as I get raises every year I'm happy. So step aside and vote yes. You guys get paid enough.
Brother, if we get into this Health care without protection. You will need a lot more than .70 cents to make up for your losses in benefits

Johnny Paycheck

Could not care less about your healthcare bennies. Or mine. Doctors cost a lot less when you don't visit them for every flu and bruise. I guess you'll have to set up an emergency fund like everyone else does. Take some of your $45/hr. OT pay and put it in there.

Irishman Collins

Johnny Paycheck, why the hostility? You will be old some day and you will need your benefits. The problem is if you are still at U.P.S. you may not be able to afford them. Also, look at it like this. We are providing a savings account for you. More beer and parties and just maybe you will have enough left over to get cable, so you can catch up on world events that affect your life

Sent using BrownCafe App