The sales pitch is on.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
It’s all BS. They are cutting routes like mad men, but if we vote this in they will add more? It doesn’t make any sense at all.
It’s does makes sense though.. if you take work off 3-4routes where those guys would normally be 1hr over or so that 4hrs for a hybrid drive to do. So they won’t add routes they will just take more work from the regular drivers..

iruhnman630

Not too good as far as I'm concerned.

No limit on how long these 22.4 can drive and no protection for them from excessive OT

How you gonna claim you're fixing excessive OT by giving the employer a lower wage worker to be used and abused for 12 hours a day?
Maybe they will be subject to 9.5 language?

Tony Q

I really don't think I can vote for this

I'm going to need more than 30 pieces of silver...
Just look it over when you have all the facts. If you look at everything and still don’t like it vote no. Every local is getting backlash right now. This could have been easily avoided had they waited to drop everything at once. They didn’t so they will have to deal with the consequences. You can be the judge, jury, and executioner ifits not what you like. In fact you have followers so you will be a voice. Just give it a chance. That’s all anyone can ask for.

iruhnman630

Package car drivers did not want to work weekends.
They wanted better 9.5 protection.
They wanted better harassment language.
Better Pension protection.
Better benefits.

These were addressed along with a whole host of other things. If you can wait a little while longer it will all be released.
Yup.

We have heard little to nothing regarding the the other issues.

Box Ox

Can anybody tell me why UPS needs a lower class of full time driver in order to create more full time positions and relieve RPCD overtime yet? Did the Company say profit per piece is down with increasing residential volume and it couldn't afford to hire more full timers at the current full time rate?

@Tony Q , tell me straight!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just look it over when you have all the facts. If you look at everything and still don’t like it vote no. Every local is getting backlash right now. This could have been easily avoided had they waited to drop everything at once. They didn’t so they will have to deal with the consequences. You can be the judge, jury, and executioner ifits not what you like. In fact you have followers so you will be a voice. Just give it a chance. That’s all anyone can ask for.
This whole thing has been a huge disappointment . Handled piss poorly if you ask me..

iruhnman630

I also noticed the 22.4s will work a 5 consecutive day week.

Weds - Sunday?

What about the Monday and Tuesday workloads for the rpcd?

Honestly I shouldn't even care. The new generation of workers ( not all of them) don't get involved in the union, don't file grievances and don't stand up for themselves.

We wouldn't be where we are at right now if the generation before us didn't stand their ground.

Dump the lump. More max vacation than when I started, 8 hour days, 9.5 language

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It’s all BS. They are cutting routes like mad men, but if we vote this in they will add more? It doesn’t make any sense at all.
Trying to starve out people before the strike even begins.
(Overall they must be losing more through the cuts: 6 hour preloads and overtime for every driver can't be a winning budget plan)
We don't have enough package cars now. Guess they need to buy some more then...
Won't need to, 22.4 could easily have the highest working hours ever seen. They will be going out with 8+ hour routes after a few hours inside.

Last edited:

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Honestly I shouldn't even care. The new generation of workers ( not all of them) don't get involved in the union, don't file grievances and don't stand up for themselves.

We wouldn't be where we are at right now if the generation before us didn't stand their ground.

Strike Strike Strike @Indecisi0n

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Can anybody tell me why UPS needs a lower class of full time driver in order to create more full time positions and relieve RPCD overtime yet? Did the Company say profit per piece is down with increasing residential volume and it couldn't afford to hire more full timers at the current full time rate?

@Tony Q , tell me straight!
From what I gathered it was the unions idea about the hybrids not Ups.

Tony Q

I know of what you speak. It’s called truth.