The sales pitch is on.

Hell we got plenty especially on Mondays and Fridays when they cut routes lol
They been cutting a lot lately. Guess they ate more worried about the second quarter than they are about putting the employees in a good mood before the contract vote.

At least in the old days they would buy us pizza and blow smoke up our ass, trying to sell us a contract.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
They been cutting a lot lately. Guess they ate more worried about the second quarter than they are about putting the employees in a good mood before the contract vote.

At least in the old days they would buy us pizza and blow smoke up our ass, trying to sell us a contract.
Yea we started a thing at our hub where the air leaves at 7:15.. used to leave at 8 so they supposably cut everyone’s work load but the stop count keeps rising. Last 2 weeks they been cutting a lot of routes and then wonder why people are going 2hrs over. I love it. It’s like a game of give and take everyday you go to work! Lol

Yea we started a thing at our hub where the air leaves at 7:15.. used to leave at 8 so they supposably cut everyone’s work load but the stop count keeps rising. Last 2 weeks they been cutting a lot of routes and then wonder why people are going 2hrs over. I love it. It’s like a game of give and take everyday you go to work! Lol
It's ridiculous. Can you go meet two or three drivers and get their pick up volume? Biggest waste of money ever. Late airs, missed businesses. Keep on cutting routes, you are saving a ton.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
The cost difference between DHL, USPS, FedEx, and Amazon is staggering. This came in the play and I know you what you’re going to say, $5 billion.
Not sure why people are so set on the 5bill. Sure ups make that now but how sustainable is it? With amazon going all out to have their own contract workers etc out business will decrease. Don’t get how people don’t realize they that always giving raises,good health insurance, pension etc is not a sustainable business. Butt what do I know.

542thruNthru

It’s does makes sense though.. if you take work off 3-4routes where those guys would normally be 1hr over or so that 4hrs for a hybrid drive to do. So they won’t add routes they will just take more work from the regular drivers..

So you believe that the company is just going to start ignoring the certain stops per car ratio they want in each Center.

Sorry I don't see that happening. We will be treated the same and given the same amount of work. They will just make these guys lower paid drivers doing split routes.

CoolStoryBro

It sounds like they are taking into consideration the demands of the drivers. While giving pters a wage they are not happy about and opportunity to have a full time driver job that might suck worse than a RPCD job. Will the PTers buy this? That's what matters. Don't they have more votes than us?

Tony Q

Can anybody tell me why UPS needs a lower class of full time driver in order to create more full time positions and relieve RPCD overtime yet? Did the Company say profit per piece is down with increasing residential volume and it couldn't afford to hire more full timers at the current full time rate?

@Tony Q , tell me straight!
Out competition is so much cheaper than us. If you could see it it’s staggering how much more we get. It’s a formula that is going to bust sooner or later. I know you will hit me with the whole 5 billion reasons why, but there is more to it.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
It's ridiculous. Can you go meet two or three drivers and get their pick up volume? Biggest waste of money ever. Late airs, missed businesses. Keep on cutting routes, you are saving a ton.
But it’s easy money lol. They call me to go get peoples air I tell them I will be over 9.5 they say we need you to go do it anyway. I do as instructed the next day they say what happened you sucked yeaterday. It’s a marathon boys not a sprint. Just smile and have a fun

542thruNthru

Not sure why people are so set on the 5bill. Sure ups make that now but how sustainable is it? With amazon going all out to have their own contract workers etc out business will decrease. Don’t get how people don’t realize they that always giving raises,good health insurance, pension etc is not a sustainable business. Butt what do I know.

Hmmm... don't understand why people keep saying it's not sustainable yet they keep doing it. Maybe we should wait till it shows a little drop before we give them everything they want.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I understand where you are coming from and sort of agree with you. This is the Teamsters and ups after all. Did you expect it to run smoothly!
Never in the history of time has a union held more power over a corporation. UPS is making Billions. Economy is booming.We are working peak loads in June. No one, and I mean no one could handle our volume. Just poised for “best contract ever” and it seems subpar... just sayin.

They have no problem raising the dividends every year. It was only a 10% increase this year. Maybe they should have hybrid shareholders... All the new shareholders get 20% less....

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Hmmm... don't understand why people keep saying it's not sustainable yet they keep doing it. Maybe we should wait till it shows a little drop before we give them everything they want.
They Keep doing it bc of how much volume we deliver for amazon. Amazon is responsible for 40% of all online purchases that’s a staggering amount. Now imagine they go strictly to their contractor and cut ups out. You think we will still see that 5bill?

Tony Q

It’s easy to get into the whole lynch mob mentality. Fortunately it isn’t as bad in real life as the internet.

Box Ox

Out competition is so much cheaper than us. If you could see it it’s staggering how much more we get. It’s a formula that is going to bust sooner or later. I know you will hit me with the whole 5 billion reasons why, but there is more to it.

Are UPS profits in trouble? Should we head toward decertification if compensation structures have to head in the direction of cheaper competition anyway?