The sales pitch is on.

542thruNthru

They Keep doing it bc of how much volume we deliver for amazon. Amazon is responsible for 40% of all online purchases that’s a staggering amount. Now imagine they go strictly to their contractor and cut ups out. You think we will still see that 5bill?

That's laughable Amazon has way too much volume for one competitor to handle. But hey when it happens then I'll talk concessions and heck I'll even take a wage freeze. Until then this is all just fear-mongering to get what they want

Tony Q

Are UPS profits in trouble? Should we head toward decertification if compensation structures have to head in the direction of cheaper competition anyway?
You want decertification? I won’t waste my time with you anymore. I won’t respond to scab mentality, respectfully. I only want to talk to members that don’t threaten to bolt the union. That is an old tired mentality that shows your age. Typical millennial.

Box Ox

You want decertification? I won’t waste my time with you anymore. I won’t respond to scab mentality, respectfully. I only want to talk to members that don’t threaten to bolt the union. That is an old tired mentality that shows your age. Typical millennial.

Not at all. It’s just a question. You’re the expert here. If we have to become like our non-Union competition, folks might start asking. I’ve always assumed our greater productivity earned our greater take.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
That's laughable Amazon has way too much volume for one competitor to handle. But hey when it happens then I'll talk concessions and heck I'll even take a wage freeze. Until then this is all just fear-mongering to get what they want
They release a new thing today where for 10k you can start a amazing contractor gig. They provide the training,tech,etc.. no imagine if a lot of people jump on that. They are saying 40 drivers you will see profits of 300k.. in the next give or take 6 or so years I think amazon will deliver nothing but for itself using contractors. Maybe a little longer but it will happen just wait.

iowa boy

It’s all BS. They are cutting routes like mad men, but if we vote this in they will add more? It doesn’t make any sense at all.

Was thinking the same thing. With all the route cutting going on and drivers laid off where I'm at, how are these 22.4 drivers gonna get their guarantee if they are not working?

But the newbies have no faith in the union, the union has failed them. They need to reach out to these guys. All they see is union dues coming out of their check and constant harassment from management.

Can you blame them??

Chnandler Bong

It’s all BS. They are cutting routes like mad men, but if we vote this in they will add more? It doesn’t make any sense at all.

I'm guessing they're cutting routes now and forcing extra OT so that everyone will jump at the thought of these hybrids coming in and reducing their OT. "Don't like all this OT? Then vote yes on the contract!" I smell a rat!

And the 25% number should scare everyone. Most drivers don't want 60 hour weeks, be we do want SOME OT. The only way they get that many 22.4 employees 4 hours of delivery time per day is to cut FT routes or drastically cut OT. Like @brownslave said earlier, I'd rather start with a lower percentage on the first contract and then see how it goes. And maybe have some wording that 22.4 drivers can't take work off of drivers that don't sign the 9.5 list? They obviously want the OT and would be taking a huge pay cut if theirs was cut down to a few hours a week.

I waited to see the details...but now I'm not so sure I can support it. It would help to see ALL of the proposal so we have time to think this through!

542thruNthru

They release a new thing today where for 10k you can start a amazing contractor gig. They provide the training,tech,etc.. no imagine if a lot of people jump on that. They are saying 40 drivers you will see profits of 300k.. in the next give or take 6 or so years I think amazon will deliver nothing but for itself using contractors. Maybe a little longer but it will happen just wait.

Looking at those bold words you've convinced me. We better start working for free because I imagine amazon is going to run the world. Just wait it will happen you'll see.

But until I start seeing decline maybe I shouldn't panic to much and screw the guys below me over because I already got mine.