The sales pitch is on.

F

Frankie's Friend

I for one an glad you try to explain the grievance process. I don't know if it is me but I seems way too complicated than it should be, it makes my head hurt. Local, State, Regional and National..Interpretations..factual cases..Panels are greek to most of us and I been around for a while. Most of us feel like Rudolph being left out the reindeer games, only the selected few on a need to know basis. Secret handshake and such, transparence never part of the procedure. I does cause a lot of distrust with today's membership with access to the internet, it appears to be antiquated, a throw back to the 50's and 60's way of Union business.

It needs upgrading badly, the pat answer that it always have been that way just does not cut it anymore. (Why?) and keep it simple would be appreciated by the overall membership.
The honest leadership folks are not opposed to transparency.

Those who have something to hide and will subvert the members' justice are not a fan of transparency.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah, right....?

Kind of like the hundreds of air drivers doing ground work grievances I have filed asking my Local and State Panel to forward to the National Air Committee as provided for in Article 40 of the Master?

~Grievances concerning violation or abuse of this shall be referred directly to the National Air Committee.~

Instead, the State Panel insists that they have jurisdiction of the issue, so I get jerked around and the Company continues to violate.

SMH

~Bbbl~™
The union chair of the panel is the same person each time?

JustDeliverIt

Can anyone tell me what will happen with the TCDs? I’m so close to a full time bid but absolutely DO NOT want to be 22.4 and get put back into warehouse work. I’ve climbed seniority for four years and will now get passed up for a full time position by warehouse scrubs who are willing to take the pay and hour cut to be 22.4?

Chances are you are the new 22.4 drivers. Won't know anything until we see some language but in my building they told a group of drivers about 2-3 months ago to fill out applications for full time. Now everything is on hold and they have been trying to get a seniority date under this contract. My guess is they are going to push everyone 22.4 right away to fill the % quota (25% is what was released) and then fill full time positions.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Where is that damn "Poodle licking Greyhound" clip..Tried to upload it and it did not take..

Anyway it is very descriptive on how this contract sell job is heading..
:eek:

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What would happen if they open a new center or hub and only hire 22.4's positions, not in contract violation there...right

What would happen if they open a new center or hub and only hire 22.4's positions, not in contract violation there...right

Cannot exceed 25% of RPCD (unless need is mutually recognized for weekend service) and must add 3 RPCD positions for every 22.4 over 25% (again, unless mutually agreed upon based on need) is how I read it.

dogs.bite.me

Just got a IBT propaganda text targeting PTers specifically
http://ibt.io/parttimefliers
So basically the way I read this, they are giving the part-timers no credit for service. They will just be making the same amount as a new hire for 2 years.

It should be At a minimum - If you are employed as of Aug 1, 2018 and the GWI will take you to less than 13.70/hr, you will get bumped to $13 and in addition receive the GWI. From then on you will recieve the GWI for the remainder of the Contract!

dogs.bite.me

Or they could do something like add your progression wages to the top of the $13/hr bump you recieve.. IE
1yr employee - bumped to $13.50/hr then receive GWI
2yr employee - bumped to $14/hr then receive GWI
3yr employee - Bumped to $14.50/hr then receive GWI
4yr employee - bumped to $15/hr then receive the GWI
5yr employee and over - bumped to $15.70 - then add GWI if their rate is not equal to or more than $15.70

The GWI would be added the following year, starting in 2019. That would at least give these employees credit for the progression that they have done!