The sales pitch is on.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We've got about 30 grievances piled up on size, proximity, and duplicate stop violations. Fricking ba has been sitting on them for a year after being heard locally.

That can be a problem.

You need to check the Rules and Procedures of your state panel. If they were heard

locally and not docketed for the panel, they could be untimely at this point.

In my state, if a grievance has been heard and deadlocked locally.... you only have

two panels to docket it or it's done.

We also have an interp on what constitutes a proximity stop filed to be heard at the state panel in Aug of 2016 and the loser has yet to docket that at the state panel.

That's another problem in itself.

State panels won't render interp's on National Language, neither will a Regional panel.

They would just kick it up to the National. Problem being.... the National panel doesn't

render interps, and only rules on factual cases. Your BA should know that.

-Bug-

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No more off the street drivers? Most buildings can't fill driver positions from inside now so it should be no problem to fill lower paying weekend jobs with less protection. Brilliant!

F

Frankie's Friend

That can be a problem.

You need to check the Rules and Procedures of your state panel. If they were heard

In my state, if a grievance has been heard and deadlocked locally.... you only have

State panels won't render interp's on National Language, neither will a Regional panel.

They would just kick it up to the National. Problem being.... the National panel doesn't

-Bug-
There are many things wrong with this issue.
Delay, delay, delay. Hope the members give up or die in the meantime.
The interp was heard again locally this spring and the ba withdrew it with the promise to file his own interp and submit it to the state panel.

We are still waiting for that to get on the docket.

As for the interpretation of proximity stops....

The company steals our bargained work and sends it to the post office in mass every day.

We were given the right to bring back oversized and commercial packages to the PM clerk but we are "not allowed to open the bags" to audit any violations in there.
Does the ibt actually care if we are losing volume that would put more drivers on the street and open up more full time driving opportunities?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That can be a problem.

-Bug-

I for one an glad you try to explain the grievance process. I don't know if it is me but I seems way too complicated than it should be, it makes my head hurt. Local, State, Regional and National..Interpretations..factual cases..Panels are greek to most of us and I been around for a while. Most of us feel like Rudolph being left out the reindeer games, only the selected few on a need to know basis. Secret handshake and such, transparence never part of the procedure. I does cause a lot of distrust with today's membership with access to the internet, it appears to be antiquated, a throw back to the 50's and 60's way of Union business.

It needs upgrading badly, the pat answer that it always have been that way just does not cut it anymore. (Why?) and keep it simple would be appreciated by the overall membership.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The interp was heard again locally this spring and the ba withdrew it with the promise to file his own interp and submit it to the state panel.

Your BA is either not that bright, or is BSing you.

Like I said.... that will go nowhere.

I would file a grievance on the next instance so you have a new factual case.

The state panel will hear it, but will send it straight to the National.

Pictures are not disputable. ;)

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I for one an glad you try to explain the grievance process. I don't know if it is me but I seems way too complicated than it should be, it makes my head hurt. Local, State, Regional and National..Interpretations..factual cases..Panels are greek to most of us and I been around for a while. Most of us feel like Rudolph being left out the reindeer games, only the selected few on a need to know basis. Secret handshake and such, transparence never part of the procedure. I does cause a lot of distrust with today's membership with access to the internet, it appears to be antiquated, a throw back to the 50's and 60's way of Union business.

It needs upgrading badly, the pat answer that it always have been that way just does not cut it anymore. (Why?) and keep it simple would be appreciated by the overall membership.

The whole reason I started posting on this forum, was to try and correct mis-information

while trying to educate others. I'm not someone who is jealous of my knowledge.

For several years I had a signature line at the bottom:

"You may not like what I say.... But I always tell the truth"

Even local political foes know, they can always count on me to do the right thing.

-Bug-

DELACROIX

That poodle needs to be bitch slapped

True..but it will not be from an Italian Greyhound..I have my son's Yorkshire Terrier living with us and he bullies my Male IG to death, even though the Greyhound is twice as big. Just not a mean bone in that breed.

The Yorkie did make a bad mistake when my daughter brought her 130 pound mastiff over. Thank God he did not bite down (Yorkie taste like chicken). Moral of the story never back down from a bully.

DELACROIX

The Mastiff 's original title (Roman War Dog). Was used in battle to open the bellies of opposing armies horses and they walk like lions and very quietly.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The Mastiff 's original title (Roman War Dog). Was used in battle to open the bellies of opposing armies horses and they walk like lions and very quietly.
Had two of them.English. A lady came up to my wife while she was walking one of them and my wife had to convince her it actually was a dog and not a lion.

What'dyabringmetoday???

The whole reason I started posting on this forum, was to try and correct mis-information

while trying to educate others. I'm not someone who is jealous of my knowledge.

For several years I had a signature line at the bottom:

"You may not like what I say.... But I always tell the truth"

Even local political foes know, they can always count on me to do the right thing.

-Bug-
Thank you for.... everything that you do.