The Six day workweek

killamjl

For those of you being affected by the forced 6 day workweek for the last 2 months. How are you dealing with it? When is enough..enough? Feel free to vent about it, kind of curious how everyones coping with the 60 hour weeks in the heat of summer and having zero time with family and friends.

Bob11B

For those of you being affected by the forced 6 day workweek for the last 2 months. How are you dealing with it? When is enough..enough? Feel free to vent about it, kind of curious how everyones coping with the 60 hour weeks in the heat of summer and having zero time with family and friends.
I’ve filed grievances over it...they put a couple more drivers on the road today. Just going slow as :censored2: on Saturday bc who cares at this point...no motivation left and just maxing our hours every week. It’s sad that the scheduled Saturday drivers are getting less of a dispatch than drivers who are being forced on....not sure if that is something we could specifically file on. Going to start calling in on Saturdays...I’ll give the guys “on call” a heads up to not answer their phones.

tech209

Trying to pull that on us 22.4 drivers that we have to come in on Monday ........

come Monday I’m not answering my phone

nightly night

charm299

I’ve filed grievances over it...they put a couple more drivers on the road today. Just going slow as :censored2: on Saturday bc who cares at this point...no motivation left and just maxing our hours every week. It’s sad that the scheduled Saturday drivers are getting less of a dispatch than drivers who are being forced on....not sure if that is something we could specifically file on. Going to start calling in on Saturdays...I’ll give the guys “on call” a heads up to not answer their phones.
Please let me know

TheDick

It's disgustingly hilarious they would make the tue /sat move without hiring any extra preload/local sort peeps nor new drivers. What are they expecting the older group to do this peak? It will be a peak to remember.

Overpaid Union Thug

Here it’s still voluntary unless there isn’t enough. I’ve been volunteering. I’ll probably continue to until enough 22.4s are hired and as long as I’m one of the top three in seniority. After that the choice of routes I like to run tends to be lacking.

I was a seasonal driver for the last 2 peak seasons before going into a loading position back in March. Got pulled to drive here in Phoenix at the Tempe hub about a month and a half ago and just graduated a few weeks ago. Being thrown into this is rough... 114 degrees almost all week and being forced to work 6 days is no joke. Haven't had a Monday off since I started. I've been able to slow down now that I've graduated so I'm just focusing on staying hydrated I bring about 3 gallons of Gatorade with me every day and plenty of ice. It's putting a definite strain on my relationship, my gf was expecting a 9-5 five days a week but that's not happening. I'm hoping it at least slows down for maybe a month before the season comes up on us. Stay strong everyone.

Hot Carl

I was a seasonal driver for the last 2 peak seasons before going into a loading position back in March. Got pulled to drive here in Phoenix at the Tempe hub about a month and a half ago and just graduated a few weeks ago. Being thrown into this is rough... 114 degrees almost all week and being forced to work 6 days is no joke. Haven't had a Monday off since I started. I've been able to slow down now that I've graduated so I'm just focusing on staying hydrated I bring about 3 gallons of Gatorade with me every day and plenty of ice. It's putting a definite strain on my relationship, my gf was expecting a 9-5 five days a week but that's not happening. I'm hoping it at least slows down for maybe a month before the season comes up on us. Stay strong everyone.
A girlfriend? What's that?

Hot Carl

Needless to say, this is an extraordinarily :censored2:ty time to be a rookie driver with no 9.5 rights, no 8 hr requests, and no seniority to avoid 6th punches. At least with peak, we know it's not gonna last beyond January. But this has been going on since March with still no end in sight.

Work, eat, sleep. That's life right now.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
It's disgustingly hilarious they would make the tue /sat move without hiring any extra preload/local sort peeps nor new drivers. What are they expecting the older group to do this peak? It will be a peak to remember.
My helper just got hired on for preload Tues-Sat, so the wheels are turning at least in my hub.

charm299

Here it’s still voluntary unless there isn’t enough. I’ve been volunteering. I’ll probably continue to until enough 22.4s are hired and as long as I’m one of the top three in seniority. After that the choice of routes I like to run tends to be lacking.
They won’t let us bump anybody

Overpaid Union Thug

We try to bump with steward there and they told us no , to file grievance
So management is assigning routes on Saturdays? Yeah that would not fly here. We have RPCDs and TCDs working Saturdays and are essentially on a combined seniority list (like any other day) with no bid routes. We select routes from the top down. Yeah it sucks for the lower guys because it often takes a while for so many people to pick. I don’t see why that will be any different once 22.4s are hired. If they are short handed and an RPCD comes in then they should get first pick.