The Ten Rules of Management

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The Ten Rules of Management;

1. IE is always right.
2. If IE is wrong, see rule #1
3. If the Plan doesnt work, we will pretend that it works. If we cant pretend any longer, we will find an hourly employee to blame for its failure.
4. It is always better to manufacture favorable statistics than it is to produce meaningful results.
5. If you cannot make yourself look better on paper, make an internal rival for the next promotion look worse.
6. Reality is only a state of mind; the WOR is the truth we follow.
7. You are only as good as your previous days production. The moment that you can no longer make your immediate superior look good on paper, you become a liability rather than an asset and you will be treated accordingly.
8. When climbing the corporate ladder, keep your feet on the fingers of the guy below you and your nose up the butt of the guy above you.
9. If you cant find a problem to solve, you had better invent one fast in order to justify your job.
10.Never tell the truth unless you are damn sure that your immediate superior really wants to hear it. The illusion of success is more important than the reality.

beano8

So true. And if you happen to be someone who is not in favor with the district staff or the division manager your are in trouble. And I thought that my district was the only place so messed up.

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
I look at these and several of them are true. I have to disagree with number 1 though. I am an IE rep and I am one of the few that knows the difference between reality and fantasy land. Even though I disagree with many things I have to plan it that way as that is what my guidance is from up above. No matter how hard I argue it doesn't change.

I have been with the company for over 18 years and I have spent the last 2 in IE. If there is something that I disagree with for an operations I will go directly to that Manager and tell them that. But on the other side from being in operations for about 15 years I can also tell when a manager or a driver is trying to blow sunshine up me.

Just my 1/2 cents worth.

W

westsideworma

I look at these and several of them are true. I have to disagree with number 1 though. I am an IE rep and I am one of the few that knows the difference between reality and fantasy land. Even though I disagree with many things I have to plan it that way as that is what my guidance is from up above. No matter how hard I argue it doesn't change.

I have been with the company for over 18 years and I have spent the last 2 in IE. If there is something that I disagree with for an operations I will go directly to that Manager and tell them that. But on the other side from being in operations for about 15 years I can also tell when a manager or a driver is trying to blow sunshine up me.

Just my 1/2 cents worth.

Another IE guy, sweet, we like to pick your brains now and then to understand the stuff we hear from our bosses. We had another IE guy on here dudebro who always gave us great insight, but he was either silenced from above (lol) or just got sick of others who may have leaned into him because he was IE. I thought he was very informative, hope you stick around.

Glad to hear you at least have a background in operations (and reality) as many new IE people seemingly don't. I have more time in the company than most of our current IE supervisors so its amusing when they try something that I know won't work...oh well their time, not mine. Though the actual one staffed at our building seems pretty down to earth.

UPS Lifer

I ... I have to disagree with number 1 though. I am an IE rep .... ....

Just my 1/2 cents worth.

Kind of an Oxymoron don't you think!!!

"Truth like art or wine, is in the eye of the beholder.... you believe what you choose and I will believe what I know!!!"