The time is now

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Spoken as a true manager. Your error is in assuming that people are willing to work for $13-$24 per hour...most are not, at least not very hard or with any concern for quality. What you get are the C and D team couriers instead of the A and B team couriers. In the long run, turnover and poor performance actually cost FedEx more. Nobody is expecting 10 hours of OT right now, but we are expecting to be paid fairly for what we do, which is essentially the same thing UPS drivers do. Productivity is at an all time high, yet wages have continued to trail behind.

It would probably help if --after arguing that all we're getting are the C & D team couriers-- you didn't point out that we achieved RECORD PRODUCTIVITY.

The customer would actually win if FedEx paid better wages because more competent couriers give better service. They are also more productive, which benefits FedEx through higher efficiency and less turnover and training.

And that's a GREAT argument that holds up well right up until you implement it in the real world and the law of diminishing returns sets in. There's a limit to what you can accomplish with wage increases.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It would probably help if --after arguing that all we're getting are the C & D team couriers-- you didn't point out that we achieved RECORD PRODUCTIVITY.

And that's a GREAT argument that holds up well right up until you implement it in the real world and the law of diminishing returns sets in. There's a limit to what you can accomplish with wage increases.

The more I read your posts, the more I wonder if you're a manager. We've achieved "record productivity" by forcing people to work on their breaks (falsification), collapsing routes, drive like crazies and work like dogs. Have you noticed the increased number of accidents as couriers get pushed harder and harder to increase SPH? Some of these have been very serious.

Where did you get your economics degree? UPS increases wages with every contract and there are no diminishing returns, are there? If FedEx paid decently, you'd keep the excellent employees and have the means to eliminate the poor performers. I have no problem working harder for more money. Just don't expect me to work harder for less.

Testicular Fortitude

FedEx is currently going after the teamsters for "making money"
currently FedEx is the only one profiting from its workers... I feel better spreading the wealth... ;)

I'd gladly pay..2.5 times my hourly vs the $~140 I pay for benefits..

lets see 2.5 times my pay rate or 10times my pay rate..
You are also forgetting a very important point.Union dues are tax deductible when you file a itemized tax return,your medical ,dental through Fedex is not.