THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

HarryWarden

Show me where I said that what I told you I “think” they will do is what I hope they do?

“Remember the thing you think you want, you don’t want. Dregs Up to a lot of trouble for presidents past and present.”

“Because you’re naïve and don’t understand all the decisions presidents have to make that could make them have nothing but lawsuits and criminal trials for the rest of their life”

I think it’s pretty fair to say that those come across as you arguing for presidential immunity

Thebrownblob

“Remember the thing you think you want, you don’t want. Dregs Up to a lot of trouble for presidents past and present.”

“Because you’re naïve and don’t understand all the decisions presidents have to make that could make them have nothing but lawsuits and criminal trials for the rest of their life”

I think it’s pretty fair to say that those come across as you arguing for presidential immunity
I think it’s pretty fair to say those are the things that Supreme Court is going to argue. You asked for opinions and you were looking for a fight lol kind of silly I also my hope Hometown baseball team wins the World Series but I know they won’t and I can give you the reasons and it’s not an argument for why they won’t. It’s my opinion prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

HarryWarden

Come to think of it you asked for everyone else’s opinion and then you don’t give your own. Why don’t you put your foot out there and give yours? I won’t be disappointed in your opinion.
I’ve given my opinion several times, is it really not clear? And yes, I asked for everyone’s opinion, not on what you think the surpreme court is going to do, although that is fair to say also

Well I guess if it’s declared there’s presidential immunity then Biden can wrap everything up and throw trump in Guantanamo for treason and save the courts a lot of tax payer money. If he loses the election he can just say it was stolen and over turn it too. He could take everyone’s guns too, I know that’s illegal because of the 2nd ammendment, but, you know, presidential immunity.

Also, I don’t know why they bothered pardoning Nixon, that was pretty silly of them, clearly he had presidential immunity, what was the point?

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

I’ve given my opinion several times, is it really not clear? And yes, I asked for everyone’s opinion, not on what you think the surpreme court is going to do, although that is fair to say also

Well I guess if it’s declared there’s presidential immunity then Biden can wrap everything up and throw trump in Guantanamo for treason and save the courts a lot of tax payer money. If he loses the election he can just say it was stolen and over turn it too. He could take everyone’s guns too, I know that’s illegal because of the 2nd ammendment, but, you know, presidential immunity.

Also, I don’t know why they bothered pardoning Nixon, that was pretty silly of them, clearly he had presidential immunity, what was the point?
You should probably listen to some of the oral arguments from today. Your Richard Nixon example is not going well.

HarryWarden

“If the president decides that his rival is a corrupt person and he orders the military … to assassinate him, is that within his official acts for which he can get immunity?” Sotomayor asked.

“That could well be an official act,” Trump’s attorney, D. John Sauer, said.

The things trumps team is arguing for is downright scary and unamerican. Again, if Biden was doing this, republicans would be screaming

Like I said, if Biden has presidential immunity, good bye second ammendment, and trump is getting locked up

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I guess we’ll see. And I’m arguing because you said I’m naive for believing the president should not be above the law. I guess we’ll see though. Should be a fun time in office for Biden though if it rules he has immunity
Who, if anyone, should have qualified immunity, per you?

vantexan

“If the president decides that his rival is a corrupt person and he orders the military … to assassinate him, is that within his official acts for which he can get immunity?” Sotomayor asked.

“That could well be an official act,” Trump’s attorney, D. John Sauer, said.

The things trumps team is arguing for is downright scary and unamerican. Again, if Biden was doing this, republicans would be screaming

Like I said, if Biden has presidential immunity, good bye second ammendment, and trump is getting locked up
That's a serious stretch. Presidents need immunity from vindictive political opponents. Doesn't matter which party you're in. There can be brakes on presidential power without completely stripping all protections.

HarryWarden

That's a serious stretch. Presidents need immunity from vindictive political opponents. Doesn't matter which party you're in. There can be brakes on presidential power without completely stripping all protections.
Should corporations have immunity from rival corporations suing?

vantexan

should presidents not be able to be impeached either to prevent politcial rivals from impeaching and removing them?
If there's proof that a president committed a serious crime then have at it. But, as in the case of the last two impeachments, abusing the impeachment process by using hearsay witnesses, etc in hopes of hanging something on the president not only cheapens the process but threatens national unity.

vantexan

Listen to what you guys are saying. “The president might be falsely accused of breaking the law, so let’s make sure the laws don’t apply to him”
Most of what is hurled at Trump is a made up narrative in hopes of removing him. Be careful what you wish for if you manage to make that happen. Literally every time a party holds both houses they may go after the president who isn't in the same party.

HarryWarden

Most of what is hurled at Trump is a made up narrative in hopes of removing him. Be careful what you wish for if you manage to make that happen. Literally every time a party holds both houses they may go after the president who isn't in the same party.
i guess just agree to disagree then. Whether it’s a democrat or a Republican, if you’re going to be president, and hold that much responsibility, I think you should be held to a higher standard, and not a lower

It’s funny how this only becomes an issue once trump is president, now we’re suddenly arguing for presidential immunity

The democrats are against trump, most of republicans now, our world ally’s, the fbi, the media, the courts, and why? What is trump doing differently that everyone is against him that other Republican presidents didn’t have to worry about?

Again, fine, declare presidential immunity. But don’t whine when Biden declares the election is rigged and forces himself to stay in for another term. don’t whine when he takes away your guns and cry about the second ammendment. Don’t whine about him opening the border. Just remember, presidential immunity

You guys keep saying “be careful what you wish for” and not thinking the same for yourselves. We have a court of law for a reason. No one is above the law in America. We don’t have kings.

vantexan

i guess just agree to disagree then. Whether it’s a democrat or a Republican, if you’re going to be president, and hold that much responsibility, I think you should be held to a higher standard, and not a lower

It’s funny how this only becomes an issue once trump is president, now we’re suddenly arguing for presidential immunity

The democrats are against trump, most of republicans now, our world ally’s, the fbi, the media, the courts, and why? What is trump doing differently that everyone is against him that other Republican presidents didn’t have to worry about?

Again, fine, declare presidential immunity. But don’t whine when Biden declares the election is rigged and forces himself to stay in for another term. don’t whine when he takes away your guns and cry about the second ammendment. Don’t whine about him opening the border. Just remember, presidential immunity

You guys keep saying “be careful what you wish for” and not thinking the same for yourselves. We have a court of law for a reason. No one is above the law in America. We don’t have kings.
You're under the impression that most Republicans are against Trump? And presidential immunity doesn't mean the president can just run over the Constitution. Can't just take away everyone's rights. And again, whether a law was broken has yet to be determined. Democrats want the court to rubber stamp their opinions.

HarryWarden

And presidential immunity doesn't mean the president can just run over the Constitution. Can't just take away everyone's rights.
why not? What would be stopping him? The law? Presidential immunity. Can’t let the law stop him, otherwise every president would be held up by political rivals, remember?