The truth about Vietnam...

Serf

You aren't speaking German or Japanese are you? We won.
The idea that Japan and Gemrnay would have crossed Atlantic and pacific oceans and totally invaded USA and changed it is largely revisionist history. It just would have changed balance of power.

rickyb

Hey you dumb :poop:----we didn't do anything except serve when asked. The politicians sent the military to war and drug it on forever--just like the mid-east today. I was drafted----- to accuse me of personally destroying democracy in Vietnam shows just how fricking stupid you are. FU.
thats nice.

you shouldve dodged the draft. im accusing your government not you. you are only guilty of not resisting the war more.

watch your tone or im going to report you.

rod

Retired 22 years
The idea that Japan and Gemrnay would have crossed Atlantic and pacific oceans and totally invaded USA and changed it is largely revisionist history. It just would have changed balance of power.

So between Japan and Germany when they attacked parts of Alaska, sent balloon bombs over the ocean to bomb Calif., Wash and Oregon and had submarines regularly patrolling off the east coast---that was all for fun or because they didn't have better things to do?

rod

Retired 22 years
thats nice.

you shouldve dodged the draft. im accusing your government not you. you are only guilty of not resisting the war more.

We know who we could rely on now if push came to shove. You punks should wear dresses. When a post starts out "you guys destroyed democracy in Vietnam" I tend to take it personally. FU

Serf

So between Japan and Germany when they attacked parts of Alaska, sent balloon bombs over the ocean to bomb Calif., Wash and Oregon and had submarines regularly patrolling off the east coast---that was all for fun or because they didn't have better things to do?
Yamamoto said mainland invasion in the US, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. Forward thinker if you ask me.

rickyb

We know who we could rely on now if push came to shove. You punks should wear dresses. When a post starts out "you guys destroyed democracy in Vietnam" I tend to take it personally. FU
so why didnt you dodge the draft? i wouldnt have done it, id rather go to jail than fight a war of aggression.

what are you talking about? america was late to wwII and FDR spoke very highly of mussolini before they became enemies.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yamamoto said mainland invasion in the US, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. Forward thinker if you ask me.

I agree old Yamamoto had more sense than Hitler and probably would never have launched a full scale invasion of the US but Hitler was different---he was nuts and if he had ever got his rocket program running full scale ---look out. Then again the Japanese had this thing about rather dying than surrendering so who knows. All I know is its a good thing we came up with the "BOMB" first.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hey you dumb :poop:----we didn't do anything except serve when asked. The politicians sent the military to war and drug it on forever--just like the mid-east today. I was drafted----- to accuse me of personally destroying democracy in Vietnam shows just how fricking stupid you are. FU.
@rickyb

download (6).jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years
so why didnt you dodge the draft? i wouldnt have done it, id rather go to jail than fight a war of aggression.

what are you talking about? america was late to wwII and FDR spoke very highly of mussolini before they became enemies.

I won't lie and say the though of draft dodging never entered my mind (I'm within spitting distance of Canada) but that wasn't the way I was raised. I don't know anyone who even knows anyone who ran to Canada. My Dad fought in WWII and when I was drafted my older brother was in the Navy. No way in hell was I going to be "the coward of the family who ran".

What other kind of war is there other than a war of aggression? I take that back. Now days we have "good wars" where they try to not hurt civilians. (notice I didn't say innocent civilians)--its too hard to tell.

rod

Retired 22 years

That don't surprise me---from what I see of the younger generation the future of the US won't last much longer. Very few of them are willing to stand up and the ones who do are getting tired.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That don't surprise me---from what I see of the younger generation the future of the US won't last much longer. Very few of them are willing to stand up and the ones who do are getting tired.
If you believe the war is wrong, then "willing to stand up" means not participating in it. Don't worry there's just as many people willing to be slaughtered as there ever has been.

rickyb

I won't lie and say the though of draft dodging never entered my mind (I'm within spitting distance of Canada) but that wasn't the way I was raised. I don't know anyone who even knows anyone who ran to Canada. My Dad fought in WWII and when I was drafted my older brother was in the Navy. No way in hell was I going to be "the coward of the family who ran".

What other kind of war is there other than a war of aggression? I take that back. Now days we have "good wars" where they try to not hurt civilians. (notice I didn't say innocent civilians)--its too hard to tell.
no i think wwII was a far more moral war for americans than vietnam was.

they expecting you to fight in vietnam and wwII are 2 separate wars. iraq and vietnam were wars of aggression. US :censored2:ed up waiting so long to join in wwII but id guess america fighting in wwII was more moral than vietnam if we exclude the nuke.

im against the draft.

rickyb

america and canada are full of conformists. almost totally depoliticized.

however im in favor of less people willing to fight government wars since they are usually immoral anyways.

bacha29

you guys destroyed democracy in vietnam. they were trying to gain independence from the french.

im not sure why there arent more vietnamese terrorists after what the US did to it...
Ho didn't care about what form of government Vietnam would adopt following the war of independence and unification. He simply wanted everybody who wasn't Vietnamese out and if it took becoming a avowed Marxist in order to get the resources needed to accomplish it...that was ok with him.
Three years ago a published report came out stating that Vietnam was interested in allowing the return of US military assets to that nation in response to the upgraded and expanded Chinese military presence in the region. Haven't heard anything about it since.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you believe the war is wrong, then "willing to stand up" means not participating in it. Don't worry there's just as many people willing to be slaughtered as there ever has been.

You and little rickyb have fun skipping through Canada. Personally if the US was attacked I would be the first in line to defend her. You and ricky stay in Canada with the other :princess:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
however im in favor of less people willing to fight government wars since they are usually immoral anyways.
So, all an enemy has to do is start an "immoral" war against us, and we have to wait for it to become 'moral' before you would legitimize it?
That's also how dictators come into power.
That's some intellectual prowess!

vantexan

So, all an enemy has to do is start an "immoral" war against us, and we have to wait for it to become 'moral' before you would legitimize it?
That's also how dictators come into power.
That's some intellectual prowess!
You don't get it(yes, I know you do). Wars are only immoral if the U.S. starts them. Wars started against the U.S. are pure and holy.