jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
These new drivers crack me up.

Can’t drive stick
Can’t read maps
Don’t want progression
Can’t be bumped

Anything else I am missing ladies?
Bitching about supervisors but doing everything they can to make the supervisors friend with them. I always tell them to be like a ghost. Float in do your job float out then go home.

BlackCat

Bitching about supervisors but doing everything they can to make the supervisors friend with them. I always tell them to be like a ghost. Float in do your job float out then go home.
Best advice I ever got when I was a rookie; make sure the center manager doesnt know your name.

DOK

Yeah constantly effing over new drivers and drivers in progression is a great way to keep your union strong. All you people at the top only wanted to pretend about “solidarity”, but really planned to screw us all as long as you got yours.
In due time rookie, it’s just the way it is, we were all there.

These new drivers crack me up.

Can’t drive stick
Can’t read maps
Don’t want progression
Can’t be bumped

Anything else I am missing ladies?
Ours think there should be a rolling list for dead days. It's not fair that the senior guys get offered the day every day and the 8-month driver has to work eeeevvvvvverydaaayyyyyy!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
5 year and under with a 55% increase and over 15 with 33%. Thank you for the great contract. All I see is increased union revenue via this 55% increase.

Also at end of contract, 5 years and under employees will be at a little more than half of RPCD top rate. If Im not mistaken, under current contract, RPCD is 2-25 times their top rate end of this contract.

The union knows who is the majority of their voting body and they're taking care of them. They are the priority
Getting a 33% raise and then bitching about it ?!?!?!?!

Dub Brown Eye

A lot of us had to preload for 10,11,12 years before going full time. Then we had a 3-4 year progression. While a lot of the new drivers were only pt for less than a year before they got a ft opportunity. So yeah it took many of us 15+ years before we hit top out pay. While some of you newer guys will hit top out pay in 5-6 years of service. This contract is the best I have ever seen.

It would be nice if we got a lower progression but we didn't. We did get rid of 22.4s, 6th day punches, got Ac, new fans in the building, improved pensions, kept healthcare. And we got massive wage increases for both ft and pt employees.
My take exactly. We were all there once. We know the growing pains. We did an13yr progression if ya think of it like that. We have 9 drivers in our center that didnt even have to work a full year before getting driving jobs. But my group at the time (2005ish) had waited 10+. We been there...done it... It wont happen over night. Put your time in. Enjoy the moment you get there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My take exactly. We were all there once. We know the growing pains. We did an13yr progression if ya think of it like that. We have 9 drivers in our center that didnt even have to work a full year before getting driving jobs. But my group at the time (2005ish) had waited 10+. We been there...done it... It wont happen over night. Put your time in. Enjoy the moment you get there.
I was in your group of 9. Hired off the street and worked as a casual for 11 months before getting my seniority.

When 33% and the total dollar amount ($9.00) are BOTH smaller than under 5 year employee (55% and $9.10) DESPITE SOB saying he was gonna take care of them? You're damn right.
Wait until you realize some will get up to $10.25.
giphy.gif