The World on time? Not so much..

rod

Retired 22 years
Full break over, Second sort down waiting third truck. Fun day in store for us FedEx'ers the World on ummm eventually we hope.

Just from reading the posts from both the Fedex and UPS side of the story it sounds like in the deliver business there isn't any such thing as "on time" anymore. Its more like when they can get around to it because today there is an inch of snow on the ground or its raining or just because they can "Emergency Conditions" anything -anytime. JMO

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The days of "the world on time" are pretty much over.

Now it's "we're here to please Wall Street so screw everybody else."

Sadly, the customer service part of the equasion has been forced out.

dezguy

I thought maybe, just maybe this week would run better than last. Nope, dead wrong. Late freight, some PO didn't even make it over the border. The only days that run the way they should any more are Mondays.

The world on time, if you're lucky.

Slick silver

Heck didn't even leave the building till 10 am. The only good on these days are basically stream lining them. Got my hour of overtime and got out. I do wonder how bad it is right now in Memphis to be handler or ramp agent unloading and loading these planes.

fedex_rtd

Expect the same for the rest of the week.
The only F1 we accepted today was from regular customers, NO ON CALLS!!!
Memphis is really backlogged with almost 100 positions to move, but since we decided to get rid of all our large aircraft, and now all we have are much smaller 757's and 767's we can't move what customers want to ship.

Artee

Expect the same for the rest of the week.
The only F1 we accepted today was from regular customers, NO ON CALLS!!!
Memphis is really backlogged with almost 100 positions to move, but since we decided to get rid of all our large aircraft, and now all we have are much smaller 757's and 767's we can't move what customers want to ship.

There are also no cans in Memphis because they trucked freight in from around the US last week. Guess they are finally starting to get caught back up as flights resume and cans are starting to trickle in.