The worst things about being a UPS driver

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The worst things about being a UPS driver - Grunge

It didn't used to be United Parcel Service. UPS started out as the American Messenger Company, back in 1907, in Seattle, Washington. No brown uniforms or distinctive step vans. Deliveries were on foot or, for longer trips, bicycles. No word about whether the bikes were painted brown, either. UPS is considerably more than that these days — literally a global corporation, with its own airline and fleets of other vehicles. They'll deliver most anywhere, including the North Pole, using just about any means of transportation necessary (including drones); according to the company's website, UPS has "about 125,000 package cars, vans, tractors, (and) motorcycles" at its beck and call. The company boasts nearly a half-million employees, over 400,000 of whom work in the United States itself. Of those, it's a safe bet that the delivery staff are the individuals most of us encounter most of the time. And deliver they do — in 2019, 3.5 million packages and documents per day. No doubt the numbers are bigger this year — but that doesn't mean the job is any easier.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Interesting that the article suggests customers meet us halfway. Not really great timing for that kind of info. Stay the hell in your house and let me practice social distance.

You always seem to be upbeat about your young retirement, your total income, life.

How come down lately? The virus I would suspect.

Stay positive. No one hates you here. They just enjoy messing with you.
Stuff about hating her, it's just as everything comes out of her mouth is almost a complete lie.
she has proved that time after time after time again, again and again on this forum

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We need to stick together & fight these weirdos & perverts here on BC
Are you new here?

No use fighting them. That would be the def of insanity. I just put them on ignore. You have probably noticed hardly any female members.

BC used to be pretty good but the lowest common denominators took over. All the good ol timers left . I stay because it is amusing and like driving some of these idiots crazy. Some real dummies.

Trailer Park Boys