The writing is on the wall.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's up to the members and the local unions to prevent that, if the contract passes. That's a long and hard battle though. That's why I want severe monetary penalties for violating the parts that say no hybrid shall work when a RPCD is laid off. I'm not sure what those penalties ought to look like (the laid off driver grieves it, and gets paid his or her guaranteed 8 hours at double or triple time?) I don't know, but something else is needed.

Nope. In fact, they're desperate for drivers here. From what I hear, everybody is flunking Integrad. If you want to dabble in conspiracy theories, I'd point to that.
It would be easy to go back and tweet the language... most teamsters who actually read the proposed contract all know what articles need fixing... it’s really not that hard to see but I guess Denis is seeing “the big picture”... smmfh

Indecisi0n

They might if this co tract goes through....I’m 3/4 done with my career here but how will someone who is just starting make it 30 -35 years.... they wont
People need to realize that the world of delivery is changing. It sucks but it's just the way it is. You need to change with it.

purehavanne

Rpcds will be fazed out and replaced by hybrid drivers. They cost less and have zero protection.

You won't have a lighter route. You will have trucks cut out completely.

You will get a raise August 1 and vote yes because you are a maroon.

Look around..did your hub dq every single new driver? Probably did right.

70 hours October- January

No harassment language that makes a difference.

This is scary.
Yo that’s crazy. They’ve been putting all new drivers on hard ass “training” routes and they’ve all quit or been dq’d This is serious.

PT Car Washer

Yo that’s crazy. They’ve been putting all new drivers on hard ass “training” routes and they’ve all quit or been dq’d This is serious.
Almost all of the DQ drivers are now EAM drivers and then delivering what is left in the building or bulk stops or misloads or helping with over dispatched drivers. All at top rate. Future 22.4? What would you do? Go load trailers PT or take a new FT job at $20 to $30/hr?

Rack em

Made the Podium
At least they're working. We have a young guy qualifying right now and he has worked THREE days in just under 3 months. When people call in sick they just cut routes instead of having him work all because he pissed off the center manager, so the center manager is screwing him over on purpose. It's sickening how a grown man is doing this to someone who has to support a wife and kids!

DoYouEvenLift

Rpcds will be fazed out and replaced by hybrid drivers. They cost less and have zero protection.

You won't have a lighter route. You will have trucks cut out completely.

You will get a raise August 1 and vote yes because you are a maroon.

Look around..did your hub dq every single new driver? Probably did right.

70 hours October- January

No harassment language that makes a difference.

This is scary.

Our hub actually did DQ almost all of the upcoming drivers....

DoYouEvenLift

"You started by saying that voting doesn't matter at all. Now you are saying that Hoffa has our best interests at heart."

This is a great example of missing the point. I quoted mark twain, gave an example of how this statement is true, then spelled out why it was done for our benefit. Thank you for helping me show the people who read these boards why most of the posters on here should be viewed for what they are.

You're dumb, go away.