There is no "I" in TEAM.

hypo hanna

I have never turned in a lead and I never intend to. Sales reps aren't helping me load my truck in the morning. Why should I help them with one of the hardest aspects of their job?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have never turned in a lead and I never intend to. Sales reps aren't helping me load my truck in the morning. Why should I help them with one of the hardest aspects of their job?

Well if they're like our sales reps then they shy away from any form of hard work.

They also have been stabbing us in the back to by making special deals with customers in extended areas by offering them p/u times well beyond the normal cutoff for a given area. None of these are particularly productive either so in essence it's like spending $100 to make $10 when you figure in the cost of overtime labor, fuel, vehicle wear and tear, etc.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well if they're like our sales reps then they shy away from any form of hard work.

They also have been stabbing us in the back to by making special deals with customers in extended areas by offering them p/u times well beyond the normal cutoff for a given area. None of these are particularly productive either so in essence it's like spending $100 to make $10 when you figure in the cost of overtime labor, fuel, vehicle wear and tear, etc.

Sales Reps are famous for cutting deals with customers that don't make sense operationally. I never turn in Sales Leads either, and why should I? If there is additional business to be realized, I will get nothing for generating it, plus I get to work harder, especially if they are a shipper that sends a lot of packages.

MAKAVELI

Sales Reps are famous for cutting deals with customers that don't make sense operationally. I never turn in Sales Leads either, and why should I? If there is additional business to be realized, I will get nothing for generating it, plus I get to work harder, especially if they are a shipper that sends a lot of packages.

Our senior manager used to tell us that we were required to turn in sales lead every week. That's hilarious I could count on 1 hand how many drivers in my station turn in leads.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our senior manager used to tell us that we were required to turn in sales lead every week. That's hilarious I could count on 1 hand how many drivers in my station turn in leads.

We used to be required to turn in a certain number of leads. I'd just write down some company that never ships with us or hates FedEx, just to waste their time. No additional money for $mith.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I haven't turned in a lead in more than 3 years and I don't plan on it. If you turn in a lead it's more likely to go to ground so foget about it.

I have turned in one lead, 4 years ago for the supplier of my son's letter jacket. The sales team completely dropped the ball on it, majorly upset them and they went with UPS instead...lol Turned out to be a really large deal too, I might have made a couple grand on it, oh well. They also try to act like it's our God-given civic right as an employee, just like jury duty.

Goldilocks

I have turned in one lead, 4 years ago for the supplier of my son's letter jacket. The sales team completely dropped the ball on it, majorly upset them and they went with UPS instead...lol Turned out to be a really large deal too, I might have made a couple grand on it, oh well. They also try to act like it's our God-given civic right as an employee, just like jury duty.

I'm a wrong not to like our sales group? They drive to our station with NEW BMW and Mercedes and have snotty attitudes towards the couriers. I wont lift a finger for them....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm a wrong not to like our sales group? They drive to our station with NEW BMW and Mercedes and have snotty attitudes towards the couriers. I wont lift a finger for them....

We're just the scum that actually deals with packages. Within the FedEx caste system, we are the untouchables.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

That sounds like some ridiculously easy OT. I know some couriers who would be all over that.

hypo hanna

Oh it's a peachy idea until there is a weather event or a traffic tie up that prevents the driver from making the last shuttle to the ramp. I was in dispatch long enough to know that 75% of that promised volume never materializes.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
actually I do have a finger I'll lift for them..... one on each hand as a matter of fact.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
actually I do have a finger I'll lift for them..... one on each hand as a matter of fact.

I see you have zero appreciation for the donuts they bring you. They spend 50 cents on you for a lead that gets them thousands of dollars, and you have zero gratitude. Pretty soon you're going to be complaining about pizza and hot dogs too. FedEx is a GREAT company buddy, and DON'T YOU FORGET IT!! You had better start living that Purple Promise or no more treats for you.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I see you have zero appreciation for the donuts they bring you. They spend 50 cents on you for a lead that gets them thousands of dollars, and you have zero gratitude. Pretty soon you're going to be complaining about pizza and hot dogs too. FedEx is a GREAT company buddy, and DON'T YOU FORGET IT!! You had better start living that Purple Promise or no more treats for you.
just had to go and make me feel crummy, didn't ya?
I promise to try and work harder on my 'tude .....

STFXG

There is no "I" in TEAM.

I get sporting event tickets a few times a year from my sales rep... Not to mention all the extra cash I get from the new pickups.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Re: There is no "I" in TEAM.

I get sporting event tickets a few times a year from my sales rep... Not to mention all the extra cash I get from the new pickups.

Do you work for Express? No, you don't. We get donuts and bagels, you actually get something of value. More evidence of how Sales is focusing on Ground, not Express.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We recently got grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dessert. Someone made a comment that the meal is what is served to the homeless at the shelters. Lol.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We recently got grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dessert. Someone made a comment that the meal is what is served to the homeless at the shelters. Lol.

Fitting. Perhaps you can all line-up "shelter-style" next time and have managers load your tray.

RTURNSONLY

That's all you guys got? What a shame. Managers at a station I know went overboard and recently got BBQ food catered from a local, famous joint. The food was served buffet-style in the warehouse. Four choices were available; 2 meats, 2 vegetables. A big handmade sign posted in front of the aluminum food containers read:

PLEASE LIMIT YOURSELF TO 1 MEAT/1 VEGETABLE/1 SODA ONLY, NO SECOND SERVINGS ALLOWED.

WOW. Now, that's royal treatment!!!