Theres a FB post claiming a Helper stabbed and killed a driver in CT

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
One thing that’s crazy about all this, other than the obvious, is no one is mentioning how they were out on the road at 10:30 at night. That’s just beyond crazy and should never be happening at ANY delivery company.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hello everyone, Elijah Bertrand is my little brother (child of 4). Just wanted to add a note.

I feel terrible for the family and everyone affected by his actions. Sincerely. It's unexpected for all parties involved. My brother has never been violent, I doubt the kid has ever been in a fist fight in his life. As far as I remember growing up, he has never acted out in anger, aggression, or any other barbaric emotion I can think of. He's always been pretty reserved, super chill, a bit shy, and a pleasure to have around in the family. He's a great conversationalist and an incredible guitar player (seriously he's REALLY good).

We come from a great home, great family. We weren't particularly poor, we were never abused, we all played sports, did "average" in school, no drugs (other than occasional marijuana), and so on... We have no idea what would have provoked this type of action from Elijah. I don't see my little brother as a murderer or criminal, from my view it's just a one-off absolutely disgusting mistake... Then again I'm sure others on the outside have formed different opinions. I don't see him from the terrible mugshot photos, I see him from the family pictures hung up in my livingroom.

There are a lot of discussions here regarding prevention, which is totally understandable. But I am not sure if this could have been prevented in any way. Elijah is really a great kid with an awful lot to offer the world, especially in the field of music, and besides this one action I have nothing negative to say about him. It's really just sad, for everyone.

Thanks for reading.
If you have questions, I'll follow this thread for a little bit.
Sorry to hear this. It is a tragic situation.

Shift 2

Most people don’t understand real violence . It’s not pretty and it’s not fair. That’s what makes it so savage. This is why these defund police people drive me crazy. They have no idea what some people are capable.
Defund the police literally just means that they would take money from over loaded police budgets and put them in communities to help the people that are in need of things like mental health and rehab. It might not be the best idea but it’s better than what we have going on now. It’s not about cutting the amount of police on the street or cutting the amount they make per year. You don’t need the police doing wellness checks on people or coming calm a mental patient down. I do believe they can be there to make sure who ever is doing those jobs are safe but not actually doing it. I personally the police salary should triple. That job should start at six figures.

El Correcto

god is dead
Most people don’t understand real violence . It’s not pretty and it’s not fair. That’s what makes it so savage. This is why these defund police people drive me crazy. They have no idea what some people are capable.
The police are not omnipresent defenders of the innocent. It’s why it’s important to own a gun and be ready to defend yourself.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Defund the police literally just means that they would take money from over loaded police budgets and put them in communities to help the people that are in need of things like mental health and rehab. It might not be the best idea but it’s better than what we have going on now. It’s not about cutting the amount of police on the street or cutting the amount they make per year. You don’t need the police doing wellness checks on people or coming calm a mental patient down. I do believe they can be there to make sure who ever is doing those jobs are safe but not actually doing it. I personally the police salary should triple. That job should start at six figures.
You have to admit though, it’s a poor slogan if we have to explain it so thoroughly every time to make it sound reasonable.

Anyway regardless of all that we can all agree that what happened to our brother in CT is a tragedy.

Indecisi0n

That’s what it might mean to you. Who is the leader of the BLM / defund police ? Who is out there explaining this ? No one. It’s left to ones own interpretation which is why it falls flat on its face.

El Correcto

god is dead
You have to admit though, it’s a poor slogan if we have to explain it so thoroughly every time to make it sound reasonable.

Anyway regardless of all that we can all agree that what happened to our brother in CT is a tragedy.
That’s because that’s not really what it means. It means defund the police and originates from a anarchist leftist fantasy views of the world.

Shift 2

Defund the police literally just means that they would take money from over loaded police budgets and put them in communities to help the people that are in need of things like mental health. Most police actually agree to have there

Shift 2

So this is YOUR interpretation.
I understand your skepticism about the BLM organization. I don’t know anything about them so I can’t agree or disagree with your opinion about them is. But, I do believe the message that they are sending or at least the message they are claiming to send is something even the most right wing conservative could agree on. Taking money out of a budget the actual police officers don’t receive and putting into things that will make there job easier and safer for them and the public.

old levi's

blank space
One of the nights that I worked after 1030 was Christmas Eve; when I got home, my wife was leaving the house for midnight Mass and I told her I would see her tomorrow whenever I woke up.
Good times!

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy

According to the arrest warrant, the pair stopped at the home of Burk’s girlfriend and had dinner, staying for about an hour, before they were supposed to turn in the UPS truck.
Burk’s girlfriend began calling her boyfriend about a half-hour later, expecting he would have returned home by then because the house is near the UPS warehouse. But the calls went unanswered, the warrant said.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

According to the arrest warrant, the pair stopped at the home of Burk’s girlfriend and had dinner, staying for about an hour, before they were supposed to turn in the UPS truck.
Burk’s girlfriend began calling her boyfriend about a half-hour later, expecting he would have returned home by then because the house is near the UPS warehouse. But the calls went unanswered, the warrant said.

It really makes you wonder what happened in that truck if the driver liked him enough to invite him into his house for dinner and the guy turns around and stabs him.

Steamer

My helper quit after about one week of peek. LOL He talked about his therapy too. Kind of had me thinking like this story. I still ran 150 stops and 140-175 miles a day on my own. Hit 225 miles one day. They really don't contribute much just running packages. It's really not efficient. They sit most of the time while you drive and grab the next stops as they walk slowly to the door with one.

Attachments

• UPS.png
    UPS.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 79

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I'm hitting 30 stops an hour without a helper this year. With the woman getting beat here in Florida last year by her helper and then this happening, I'll never use a helper in the rest of my UPS career. There's no way in hell they're going to put another person on the package car with me unless I know them or am supervised by them.
+1 I had one last year that I was weird out about and dropped him to his car after 2hrs. With this today I will never have another one on my truck. Interesting about people talking about knives, we have probably 80% of drivers that carry pocket knives. I carry one mostly for dogs or something but regardless don’t think we could defend ourselves fast enough if something like this happened