These Recession Signals are Flashing...

Up In Smoke

Nothing changed? You think tens of millions adore the guy even though nothing changed? ROFLMAO!!
The guy sent my wife and me hundreds of thousands of dollars and forgave the loans just in time for the election. It's hard to be mad at Ed McMahon when he show up at your door with buckets of cash.

bbsam

Staff member
If you cut taxes and government revenue goes up higher than if you had left taxes in place then the tax cuts are a success. However, if you have a political party eager to find new ways to spend the higher revenue then you're soon back behind the eight ball. Honestly don't understand why you guys don't get that.
What I don’t get and always ask you is why the republicans do not have the intestinal fortitude to cut spending even when they have the votes to do it? What republican representative has ever stepped forward and volunteered that one of their states military bases be closed for cost savings? Which MAGA congressional representatives refused the federal infrastructure money that they voted against?

Two faced cowards.

vantexan

What I don’t get and always ask you is why the republicans do not have the intestinal fortitude to cut spending even when they have the votes to do it? What republican representative has ever stepped forward and volunteered that one of their states military bases be closed for cost savings? Which MAGA congressional representatives refused the federal infrastructure money that they voted against?

Two faced cowards.
Doesn't help that Democrats run ads showing Republicans throwing grandma out of a wheelchair and over a cliff. I agree that someone needs to step up. But don't you think it's funny that you would call Republicans two faced cowards when Democrats don't make any pretense about cutting spending? It's about the votes they'd lose if they don't bring home the bacon. We did have a Speaker in the 90's who balanced the budget but of course as usual they forced him to quit. One thing is for certain, with the higher interest rates the amount of money needed to service the huge debt is money that could've best been spent elsewhere if we would only live within our means.

bbsam

Staff member
Doesn't help that Democrats run ads showing Republicans throwing grandma out of a wheelchair and over a cliff. I agree that someone needs to step up. But don't you think it's funny that you would call Republicans two faced cowards when Democrats don't make any pretense about cutting spending? It's about the votes they'd lose if they don't bring home the bacon. We did have a Speaker in the 90's who balanced the budget but of course as usual they forced him to quit. One thing is for certain, with the higher interest rates the amount of money needed to service the huge debt is money that could've best been spent elsewhere if we would only live within our means.
Remember the phrase, “tax and spend” liberal? Hell, republicans damn near had it stamped on democrats’ doorways.

Now why would it be two faced of democrats not to be supporting the spending cuts to do the republicans’ dirty work?

Now a true conservative, a fiscal conservative, wouldn’t support a tax cut until he was certain the spending cuts were also there. When’s the last time that happened?

vantexan

Remember the phrase, “tax and spend” liberal? Hell, republicans damn near had it stamped on democrats’ doorways.

Now why would it be two faced of democrats not to be supporting the spending cuts to do the republicans’ dirty work?

Now a true conservative, a fiscal conservative, wouldn’t support a tax cut until he was certain the spending cuts were also there. When’s the last time that happened?
So let's clarify something. You're for spending cuts, eliminating the deficit, reducing the debt? Or are you only interested in calling Republicans hypocrites? Saw a "60 Minutes" interview years ago with Charles Koch. I know the Dems love to hate on the Koch brothers but he called himself a "classic liberal." Was asked why did he support Republicans? Because he believed the Democrats would drive us into the ditch faster than the Republicans would. And there you have it.

bacha29

The guy is a snake oil salesman trying to sell subscriptions to his investment strategies. Reminds me of a guy selling sports winners. He has a 50/50 chance of being right and half his clients will sing his praises while the others will curse him. He'll bilk his way through YouTube and disappear when he's found out for the fraud he is.
Harris University.....About as legitimate as Trump University.

bacha29

Real economists the ones who are not out there hawking investment strategies for big money are in general agreement that the US GDP growth will end the year somewhere in the 0.5-1.0% range.
In addition the multiple interest rate cuts some were expecting this year now appears unlikely which seems to indicate that the inflation rate which is trending downward will end up in the 3-3.5% range while higher than the Fed's goal of 2% will still be to the satisfaction of the Fed.
Keep in mind too that the Federal Reserve has historically not significantly changed Fed fiscal policy in an election year unless very unique and overriding events requires it.
Indexes have been trending downward to start the year as people realize that they can take their gains now and have 16 months before they have to pay the capital gains taxes owed.

vantexan

Real economists the ones who are not out there hawking investment strategies for big money are in general agreement that the US GDP growth will end the year somewhere in the 0.5-1.0% range.
In addition the multiple interest rate cuts some were expecting this year now appears unlikely which seems to indicate that the inflation rate which is trending downward will end up in the 3-3.5% range while higher than the Fed's goal of 2% will still be to the satisfaction of the Fed.
Keep in mind too that the Federal Reserve has historically not significantly changed Fed fiscal policy in an election year unless very unique and overriding events requires it.
Indexes have been trending downward to start the year as people realize that they can take their gains now and have 16 months before they have to pay the capital gains taxes owed.
Guess we'll see how it goes.

bacha29

In a global free market economy capital has to move freely. Trouble is there are growing areas of the world that have become too volatile to risk investing in. Middle East, Ukraine and Eastern Europe, Taiwan among others are no place to invest money given the dictators and corrupt governments that control those areas.
On top of all that another area to keep an eye on is Guyana. Dictator Maduro is now claiming a major share of Guyana to be Venezuelan territory and just happen to be the areas where oil has been discovered. It's my understanding that he told Exxon Mobil to leave that part of Guyana or when he arrives he will nationalize oil operations in that region.

vantexan

In a global free market economy capital has to move freely. Trouble is there are growing areas of the world that have become too volatile to risk investing in. Middle East, Ukraine and Eastern Europe, Taiwan among others are no place to invest money given the dictators and corrupt governments that control those areas.
On top of all that another area to keep an eye on is Guyana. Dictator Maduro is now claiming a major share of Guyana to be Venezuelan territory and just happen to be the areas where oil has been discovered. It's my understanding that he told Exxon Mobil to leave that part of Guyana or when he arrives he will nationalize oil operations in that region.
Has to be tough when the Washington Post is putting up articles of an impending serious downturn.