They are taking FT drivers OT

DOK

Serious question, if some drivers now have to get a part time job to supplement income, how’s that going to affect DOT hours? I remember going over the DOT rules that another job counts in the DOT hours. Might be a good way to get out of being loaded up for peak too. Sorry can only work “X” amount of hours because of my other job.

Serious question, if some drivers now have to get a part time job to supplement income, how’s that going to affect DOT hours? I remember going over the DOT rules that another job counts in the DOT hours. Might be a good way to get out of being loaded up for peak too. Sorry can only work “X” amount of hours because of my other job.
Part time job? You smokin the ganji?

DOK

Part time job? You smokin the ganji?

Just asking what would Ups do? They obviously don’t want you to violate dot hours.

Doubleparkedrunner

On the other side of coin. What prevents them from doing this now? They can hire full time drivers for the purpose of relieving excessive overtime . Why does it have to be 22.4?

--- Full timers have 9.5 protection / 22.4 don't.

--- Full timers will forever top out at a higher rate than 22.4

--- Full timers wouldn't be made to come in at all sorts of different starting times and days doing different jobs / 22.4 would be able to be abused till literally , day's end.

... and I'm sure there's quite a bit more but that's enough for now.