They are taking FT drivers OT

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The National Master Agreement language on these articles is complete. If the complete language is not disclosed to the members during the teleforum or shortly after; it would be an absolute violation of bargaining in good faith.

After the negotiations are complete and the 2-man committee goes to the review,

your Local will have meeting to review the proposed language. And of course

you will get a copy mailed to you. Just like every time.

The IBT is not negotiating in good faith ? Please....

How many contracts have you negotiated for your Local ?

You sound like the goofball TDU and Teamsters United morons.

-Bug-

browned out

After the negotiations are complete and the 2-man committee goes to the review,

your Local will have meeting to review the proposed language. And of course

you will get a copy mailed to you. Just like every time.

The IBT is not negotiating in good faith ? Please....

How many contracts have you negotiated for your Local ?

You sound like the goofball TDU and Teamsters United morons.

-Bug-

Negotiations normally entail input from the members at the outset (survey for a demand) I do not know of any member FT or PT who received a survey or questionnaire. Did the Teamsters negotiate based on the input of the small percentage of members at the union meetings? That is not a valid representation of the entire membership. This utter failure of the Hoffa/Taylor/UPS mgmt. Team could possibly put the Teamsters Union in the cross-hairs of a Duty of Fair Representation NLRB case. I hope not. The entire union should not suffer because of the apparent collusion by Hoffa/Taylor with UPS.

One of the reasons unions get in to trouble with negotiating in bad faith is the behavior the Hoffa/Taylor team is in violation of at this point in the process. When a union removes the entire negotiating team except for Taylor from negotiations; a red flag goes up. Hopefully Hoffa/Taylor will disclose the downside to their handshake agreement on the teleforum next week. I am hopeful they will fulfill their duty of fair representation.

We have 60+ Full Time Drivers in our center and NOT 1 is on the 9.5 list. 0% of our center drivers care about working OT. ZERO. Nationwide, maybe 10% of drivers are on the 9.5 list. If Hoffa/Taylor do not; Maybe our Local Rider can protect FT drivers right to OT and extra work.

If Full-Time Drivers stand to lose their right to OT and extra work; and Hoffa/Taylor do not disclose this fact; that is a major problem.

If Hoffa/Taylor do not specifically state that Hybrid Drivers will be subjected to excessive OT up to 70 hours per week with no recourse; that is a major problem. The Hoffa/Taylor team wants to address excessive OT. How is forcing employees to work up to 70 hours per week addressing excessive OT and the importance of family time?

Last contract Hoffa/Hall pulled the same shenanigans with smoke and mirrors.

Teamcare was pushed on us. A shiny DVD and numerous mailings, in addition to a Q&A by a Teamcare Rep. at the Union Hall. IT WAS NEVER mentioned that One Punch a week (work at least part of one day in a week) was now required to be eligible for Health Care Benefits for that week. NEVER, NOT ONCE. That was a major change that needed to be disclosed.

The prior UPS Healtcare Plan required only 1 punch (work at least part of on day in the MONTH) in order to maintain health care benefits for that month.

We had a driver receive a $40,000+ medical bills because he did not work any part of a week. He had a scheduled week or week and a half off to spend with his wife before, during and after the birth of their child. And HE LOST COVERAGE. For that language not to be disclosed is unacceptable.

When the Hoffa/Taylor team only discloses the uprising upside to the agreement and leave the negative particulars out; that can and will get them into trouble. But they will not have to pay restitution. Our Teamster Union and our dues will be on the hook.

No bait and switch; no shell games; We deserve; and have the right to the good and the bad aspects of this agreement.

I am cautiously optimistic that the teleforum will address these extremely important issues. i have a feeling that many of these issues will be addressed due to outpouring of concern on social media. Hoffa released only limited info for a reason.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We had a driver receive a $40,000+ medical bills because he did not work any part of a week. He had a scheduled week or week and a half off to spend with his wife before, during and after the birth of their child. And HE LOST COVERAGE. For that language not to be disclosed is unacceptable.

Birth of a child is covered under FMLA.

He should have asked a few questions first.

Even then.... FMLA is retroactive.

Ignorance is no excuse.

-Bug-

browned out

Autoworkers sue UAW, FCA: We want our union dues back. You scammed us

This is the type of scandal we want to avoid for the good of the Teamsters Union.

The plaintiffs claim that a years-long scheme involving auto executives paying bribes to union bosses cheated them out of "hundreds of millions of dollars" in union dues that were "wasted on tainted bargaining." They want to recover their dues, claiming the UAW leaders, who were supposed to be looking out for their interests, were instead in cahoots with Fiat Chrysler execs who "paid bribes to executives of the UAW to take FCA-friendly positions."

"The conspiracy ... has resulted in tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars in union dues not being used for the intended purpose: bargaining for the benefit of the union members," the lawsuit states.

Come on Hoffa, do your job. You work for U S not U P S in case you are confused.

browned out

Ignorance is no excuse.

-Bug-

Ignorance is no excuse.

-Bug-
We also had a lot of drivers on ALO companywide who were laid off for weeks at a time who lost coverage. These drivers were never made aware of the change in health care either.

Hiding the new health-care rule from the members was disgraceful.

In our area we received over 15 mailings from the Teamsters. Most of these, if not all, touted the new benefits of Teamcare. They also stated what cuts and costs UPS was demanding in health care.

Not one of these documents mentioned the major change in healthcare of having to have one punch per week in order to maintain benefits. Did the teamsters purposely bury this information with Hoffa Sr. until after the contract vote, and then they forgot to dig it back up?

The teamsters not disclosing this information to the membership before the vote was incompetent at best but more likely it was deception and purposeful non-disclosure. If they had announced the new one punch per week rule, would it have swayed enough voters to to vote down the master agreement?

I doubt it but there sure would have been a lot more no votes.

CitizenTruth

Such a narrow minded response “why would anyone need more than 40 hours”. Like everyone in the world lives the same life you do, crawl out from under the rock you live, the world isn’t flat.
Not "why would" idiot, "why should" anyone need more than 40, your not in favor of the company providing a fair wage?
THINK and READ before you type
Go ahead Work 70 hours and make the same I make in 40 wtf

DOK

Some people like over time some people don’t, to each his own. If we were all the same in this world it would be one boring place.

born2Bwild

At issues here is that the union CREATED a way for the company to take ALL of the overtime. The idea is noble, but it need to have restrictions, like for example:work taken off only from 8hrs request drivers, excessive work load, over 9.5 and theY should be on the road no more than 4 hours and with all that 22.4 should in place as a percentage of ROUTES In that day

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

Worst case should have been his having to pay $400 or so for COBRA to cover for that week. Are you saying he paid the $40k in medical bills?

With all of the medical things we are mailed how do you know he wasn't notified? That is exactly how our insurance works and I know I need a punch per week to keep healtcare.

Worst case should have been his having to pay $400 or so for COBRA to cover for that week. Are you saying he paid the $40k in medical bills?

With all of the medical things we are mailed how do you know he wasn't notified? That is exactly how our insurance works and I know I need a punch per week to keep healtcare.
He should have went on FMLA.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I don't know all the rules of FMLA but that's good information to know.

Where I was part-time was sent a COBRA letter by accident. I swapped vacation weeks and someone didn't change them in the system. Teamcare was very helpful and told me exactly what I needed to do to make sure I received pension credit for the week. We had no insurance charges for that week so that didn't matter.