burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I mean a new hire(obviously) and I've noticed some issues. Well, plain and simple I've been working close to my 30 days. I was workig another job in which I recently quit to focus on UPS. I was working 60-70 hours a week with both jobs, so I had enough. The issue is, I've been late at least once or twice a week since I've started UPS(it's gone down since quitting my other job. It's more accidental :censored2: now like thinking 4:45 instead of 4:35) but I keep on getting misloads. These :censored2:ing scanners either don't work 8/10 times or they load me up with the largest trucks and expect me to do the :censored2: on my own only to get :censored2: off that I can't seem to load a total of 1000-1200 somethig pieces by myself along with scanning things 100% all within 4.5 hours. Look, I'm not gonna lie here. I :censored2:ing hate the job. I'm doing the preload and I'm really trying but the :censored2:ig shift and all the bull:censored2: these supervisors and drivers give me is really starting to piss me off and depress me even further. Like, I'm becoming seriously depressed. Am I pusillanimous? Maybe, but I swear it's just one :censored2:ing bull:censored2: job after another. I don't have the desire to make this my career and tbh if they don't fire me I'm leaving after peak. I just don't see the point in busting my ass for basically minimum :censored2:ing wage all for people to either :censored2: talk on it or :censored2:ing get disappointed in the end. How in the :censored2: do you people deal with this :censored2:?

Like I get told it's such a "great" job, but most of the employees at my hub are miserable and are working two jobs just to make by. They'll work here for insurance and other jobs for payment. It's just ridiculous. How is it so great if the only people I see that are making a :censored2: ton of money or either drivers or full time supervisors? For gods sake some of the preloaders I'm workig with tell me they only make $210 a week at this job and they've been at it for 5 years! My mindset might be different for a variety of reasons. I could really just be at an advantage here. You know why? I have my mothers insurance until I'm 26(or until a healthcare change occurs) and she's a :censored2:ing government/city worker. So my current insurance is just as good, if not even better than some of the healthcare people are receiving at my hub. So idk wtf the to do. Wait for a year, get paid :censored2: to get insurance that I already have for awhile? Idk

Anyways, the real questions I have(besides all my venting) is what can I do to make this better for me? And am I likely going to get fired? I should add that my hub is highly understaffed, like ridiculously understaffed and they have me on the schedule already so it has me confused. A part of me feels like I'm not gonna get fired and I can work this seasonal job out until Christmas, but another part of me feels like I will. You might ask, why stay with it if you hate it so much? Job security. Being unemployed for 3 months :censored2:ed me mentally for a long while, and I'm gonna be really :censored2: if I get fired before I can figure out other employement. Can anyone help me? I'm having real hard issues with this place. It just amazes me that working somewhere at Dunkin Donuts(the job I quit) was paying me more weekly for way less work and way less bull:censored2: than this place. any advice?

Dunkin Donuts

Hell yeah!!

Yolo

UPS has a pretty hard time finding people to get up at 3am for minimum wage so they ain't firing you. Just don't let the dumb :censored2: get to you.

Get a pair of headphones and listen to some tunes or a podcast.

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
too much to read.

QUIT and travel the world. Have any children? NO? then quit and travel the world.

Taking care of parents or anyone else? No? then quit and travel, party, bang away and have some fun.

There is plenty of time in your life to be a wage slave.

Have some fun for the next 10 years before settling down.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I mean a new hire(obviously) and I've noticed some issues. Well, plain and simple I've been working close to my 30 days. I was workig another job in which I recently quit to focus on UPS. I was working 60-70 hours a week with both jobs, so I had enough. The issue is, I've been late at least once or twice a week since I've started UPS(it's gone down since quitting my other job. It's more accidental :censored2: now like thinking 4:45 instead of 4:35) but I keep on getting misloads. These :censored2:ing scanners either don't work 8/10 times or they load me up with the largest trucks and expect me to do the :censored2: on my own only to get :censored2: off that I can't seem to load a total of 1000-1200 somethig pieces by myself along with scanning things 100% all within 4.5 hours. Look, I'm not gonna lie here. I :censored2:ing hate the job. I'm doing the preload and I'm really trying but the :censored2:ig shift and all the bull:censored2: these supervisors and drivers give me is really starting to piss me off and depress me even further. Like, I'm becoming seriously depressed. Am I pusillanimous? Maybe, but I swear it's just one :censored2:ing bull:censored2: job after another. I don't have the desire to make this my career and tbh if they don't fire me I'm leaving after peak. I just don't see the point in busting my ass for basically minimum :censored2:ing wage all for people to either :censored2: talk on it or :censored2:ing get disappointed in the end. How in the :censored2: do you people deal with this :censored2:?

Like I get told it's such a "great" job, but most of the employees at my hub are miserable and are working two jobs just to make by. They'll work here for insurance and other jobs for payment. It's just ridiculous. How is it so great if the only people I see that are making a :censored2: ton of money or either drivers or full time supervisors? For gods sake some of the preloaders I'm workig with tell me they only make $210 a week at this job and they've been at it for 5 years! My mindset might be different for a variety of reasons. I could really just be at an advantage here. You know why? I have my mothers insurance until I'm 26(or until a healthcare change occurs) and she's a :censored2:ing government/city worker. So my current insurance is just as good, if not even better than some of the healthcare people are receiving at my hub. So idk wtf the to do. Wait for a year, get paid :censored2: to get insurance that I already have for awhile? Idk

Anyways, the real questions I have(besides all my venting) is what can I do to make this better for me? And am I likely going to get fired? I should add that my hub is highly understaffed, like ridiculously understaffed and they have me on the schedule already so it has me confused. A part of me feels like I'm not gonna get fired and I can work this seasonal job out until Christmas, but another part of me feels like I will. You might ask, why stay with it if you hate it so much? Job security. Being unemployed for 3 months :censored2:ed me mentally for a long while, and I'm gonna be really :censored2: if I get fired before I can figure out other employement. Can anyone help me? I'm having real hard issues with this place. It just amazes me that working somewhere at Dunkin Donuts(the job I quit) was paying me more weekly for way less work and way less bull:censored2: than this place. any advice?
It only gets worse, ur not gonna live through peak. Quit now and run outa that place

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
Go back to Dunkin Donuts and ask for your job back. You get donuts.

All my building gives us is sugar-free electrolyte pops and Chicken Express.

john chesney

To be honest you might as well quit and find another job. I feel the same way but it took me 25 years and took you 25 days. You ain't gonna make it. 34 years now and will be gone soon

MzTeaze

I'm a new hire too.

Honestly, I was told that half the battle was simply showing up on a daily basis. You can help your own cause by improving your attendance record and getting to work on time.

I agree the low pay for really hard work sucks but if you can make it to the 30 days, you are in.

You really need to evaluate your goals and see if sticking with UPS is in or whether your goals are outside of UPS.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Why work here if you hate the job, don't plan on making something out of it, and don't need the insurance which is pretty much the only pro. You should just find another job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Get a vasectomy to save future generations from being contaminated by your genes.
The future will thank you
bris.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why work here if you hate the job, don't plan on making something out of it, and don't need the insurance which is pretty much the only pro. You should just find another job.
The fact that he admits he's happy as can be to stay on his moms insurance disgusts me.

This generation is just completely content to day walk thru life into their upper 20's or even 30's.

The whole "adulting" thing just makes my blood boil. "Adulting" isn't some special thing you should be rewarded for. It's simply called growing the :censored2: up and taking care of yourself. Every generation before this managed to do it without making it seem like it's some huge life accomplishment.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The fact that he admits he's happy as can be to stay on his moms insurance disgusts me.

This generation is just completely content to day walk thru life into their upper 20's or even 30's.

The whole "adulting" thing just makes my blood boil. "Adulting" isn't some special thing you should be rewarded for. It's simply called growing the :censored2: up and taking care of yourself. Every generation before this managed to do it without making it seem like it's some huge life accomplishment.
Preach @Brownslave688!!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
OP, I believe you have set the record for most censored words in one post. If you didn't win the title, you gotta be up near the top. Having said that, go ahead and quit now. Save you and your co workers the waste. You're late once or twice a week. I was late for work 2 times in 38 years. If it's that hard to get to work, stay home. Sheesh.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i sounded just like you as a preloader and here i am now causing reactions like yours with my IE planning, what a crazy company

but seriously chill out dude it's just a job