Never been late or called out once in six months. Never left a driver without a helper. I've had drivers sick during peaks, showed up to the hub or center ready to work and got put to work.

I don't think people understand that others rely on them. Even if they do, they are too wrapped up in themselves to care about you. It speaks a lot of disrespecting others and how important you think you are in relation to those around you.

If you have something more important to do, go do it, so someone at work can be important and be here when we need reliable coworkers.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
OP, I believe you have set the record for most censored words in one post. If you didn't win the title, you gotta be up near the top. Having said that, go ahead and quit now. Save you and your co workers the waste. You're late once or twice a week. I was late for work 2 times in 38 years. If it's that hard to get to work, stay home. Sheesh.
wasn't that OP unbelieveable? In almost 40 years of working all kinds of jobs I can count on one hand how many times I was late. And each time was because of an accident shutting down the roads or my car broke down.

my commute for UPS was over 40 miles each way and it took 45 minutes on a good day. during the winter storms I would leave the house 90 minutes to 2 hours before my start time to be there on time. sometimes I would get a motel room if the weather was going to be bad for several days so I could get some rest and not commute at all.

kids..........

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
wasn't that OP unbelieveable? In almost 40 years of working all kinds of jobs I can count on one hand how many times I was late. And each time was because of an accident shutting down the roads or my car broke down.

my commute for UPS was over 40 miles each way and it took 45 minutes on a good day. during the winter storms I would leave the house 90 minutes to 2 hours before my start time to be there on time. sometimes I would get a motel room if the weather was going to be bad for several days so I could get some rest and not commute at all.

kids..........

Uphill both ways

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I mean a new hire(obviously) and I've noticed some issues. Well, plain and simple I've been working close to my 30 days. I was workig another job in which I recently quit to focus on UPS. I was working 60-70 hours a week with both jobs, so I had enough. The issue is, I've been late at least once or twice a week since I've started UPS(it's gone down since quitting my other job. It's more accidental :censored2: now like thinking 4:45 instead of 4:35) but I keep on getting misloads. These :censored2:ing scanners either don't work 8/10 times or they load me up with the largest trucks and expect me to do the :censored2: on my own only to get :censored2: off that I can't seem to load a total of 1000-1200 somethig pieces by myself along with scanning things 100% all within 4.5 hours. Look, I'm not gonna lie here. I :censored2:ing hate the job. I'm doing the preload and I'm really trying but the :censored2:ig shift and all the bull:censored2: these supervisors and drivers give me is really starting to piss me off and depress me even further. Like, I'm becoming seriously depressed. Am I pusillanimous? Maybe, but I swear it's just one :censored2:ing bull:censored2: job after another. I don't have the desire to make this my career and tbh if they don't fire me I'm leaving after peak. I just don't see the point in busting my ass for basically minimum :censored2:ing wage all for people to either :censored2: talk on it or :censored2:ing get disappointed in the end. How in the :censored2: do you people deal with this :censored2:?

Like I get told it's such a "great" job, but most of the employees at my hub are miserable and are working two jobs just to make by. They'll work here for insurance and other jobs for payment. It's just ridiculous. How is it so great if the only people I see that are making a :censored2: ton of money or either drivers or full time supervisors? For gods sake some of the preloaders I'm workig with tell me they only make $210 a week at this job and they've been at it for 5 years! My mindset might be different for a variety of reasons. I could really just be at an advantage here. You know why? I have my mothers insurance until I'm 26(or until a healthcare change occurs) and she's a :censored2:ing government/city worker. So my current insurance is just as good, if not even better than some of the healthcare people are receiving at my hub. So idk wtf the to do. Wait for a year, get paid :censored2: to get insurance that I already have for awhile? Idk

Anyways, the real questions I have(besides all my venting) is what can I do to make this better for me? And am I likely going to get fired? I should add that my hub is highly understaffed, like ridiculously understaffed and they have me on the schedule already so it has me confused. A part of me feels like I'm not gonna get fired and I can work this seasonal job out until Christmas, but another part of me feels like I will. You might ask, why stay with it if you hate it so much? Job security. Being unemployed for 3 months :censored2:ed me mentally for a long while, and I'm gonna be really :censored2: if I get fired before I can figure out other employement. Can anyone help me? I'm having real hard issues with this place. It just amazes me that working somewhere at Dunkin Donuts(the job I quit) was paying me more weekly for way less work and way less bull:censored2: than this place. any advice?
Quit...next

We lost another one today. On the schedule, wasn't in Safety. NC/NS. Quit after the first day on the job gimme a break this ain't rocket surgery.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There was one on the table during Safety, but I assumed it was for the size of the bulge in my pants.
IMG_0939.JPG

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I mean a new hire(obviously) and I've noticed some issues. Well, plain and simple I've been working close to my 30 days. I was workig another job in which I recently quit to focus on UPS. I was working 60-70 hours a week with both jobs, so I had enough. The issue is, I've been late at least once or twice a week since I've started UPS(it's gone down since quitting my other job. It's more accidental :censored2: now like thinking 4:45 instead of 4:35) but I keep on getting misloads. These :censored2:ing scanners either don't work 8/10 times or they load me up with the largest trucks and expect me to do the :censored2: on my own only to get :censored2: off that I can't seem to load a total of 1000-1200 somethig pieces by myself along with scanning things 100% all within 4.5 hours. Look, I'm not gonna lie here. I :censored2:ing hate the job. I'm doing the preload and I'm really trying but the :censored2:ig shift and all the bull:censored2: these supervisors and drivers give me is really starting to piss me off and depress me even further. Like, I'm becoming seriously depressed. Am I pusillanimous? Maybe, but I swear it's just one :censored2:ing bull:censored2: job after another. I don't have the desire to make this my career and tbh if they don't fire me I'm leaving after peak. I just don't see the point in busting my ass for basically minimum :censored2:ing wage all for people to either :censored2: talk on it or :censored2:ing get disappointed in the end. How in the :censored2: do you people deal with this :censored2:?

Like I get told it's such a "great" job, but most of the employees at my hub are miserable and are working two jobs just to make by. They'll work here for insurance and other jobs for payment. It's just ridiculous. How is it so great if the only people I see that are making a :censored2: ton of money or either drivers or full time supervisors? For gods sake some of the preloaders I'm workig with tell me they only make $210 a week at this job and they've been at it for 5 years! My mindset might be different for a variety of reasons. I could really just be at an advantage here. You know why? I have my mothers insurance until I'm 26(or until a healthcare change occurs) and she's a :censored2:ing government/city worker. So my current insurance is just as good, if not even better than some of the healthcare people are receiving at my hub. So idk wtf the to do. Wait for a year, get paid :censored2: to get insurance that I already have for awhile? Idk

Anyways, the real questions I have(besides all my venting) is what can I do to make this better for me? And am I likely going to get fired? I should add that my hub is highly understaffed, like ridiculously understaffed and they have me on the schedule already so it has me confused. A part of me feels like I'm not gonna get fired and I can work this seasonal job out until Christmas, but another part of me feels like I will. You might ask, why stay with it if you hate it so much? Job security. Being unemployed for 3 months :censored2:ed me mentally for a long while, and I'm gonna be really :censored2: if I get fired before I can figure out other employement. Can anyone help me? I'm having real hard issues with this place. It just amazes me that working somewhere at Dunkin Donuts(the job I quit) was paying me more weekly for way less work and way less bull:censored2: than this place. any advice?
you should go work at burger king