THEY WILL *NEVER* REPLACE US

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

You will see the UPS driver in full robotic suits long before full automation, like they widely use in Asian warehouses now. UPS trucks will be mostly automated but not fully for 20 years at least. Feeders will be mostly automated within 10 -15 years. The UPS guy, part man part machine. The six million dollar UPS Driver for those of you old enough to get that reference.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You will see the UPS driver in full robotic suits long before full automation, like they widely use in Asian warehouses now. UPS trucks will be mostly automated but not fully for 20 years at least. Feeders will be mostly automated within 10 -15 years. The UPS guy, part man part machine. The six million dollar UPS Driver for those of you old enough to get that reference.
Sups already think this a reality.

Nike

Yes a company that still proudly uses technology from the 70s and 80s will be the first or among the first to incorporate fully automated delivery drivers going door to door driving thousand pound vehicles..
I'm not buying it.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm not sure what your desktop is for
Oh boy. Just off the top of my head, besides simply being easier to use: storage and organization of music, photos/pictures, and videos; photoshop/canvas and CG art and modeling programs; recording and/or editing/mixing music; [real] games (friend* consoles); being able to type things like letters, resumes, etc.; being about to print anything; record keeping; the ability to personally modify or upgrade the system (physically or program wise)... I could go on all day.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
robo cop.gif

#worstpresidentever

clean hairy

Envision the robot digging through a bricked out truck to try and find the first stop Orion says it should make.
What will it do to the poor pre loader because it does not like how the truck is loaded?
I want a front row seat to see it try and deliver fridge up 2 flights of stairs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh boy. Just off the top of my head, besides simply being easier to use: storage and organization of music, photos/pictures, and videos; photoshop/canvas and CG art and modeling programs; recording and/or editing/mixing music; [real] games (friend* consoles); being able to type things like letters, resumes, etc.; being about to print anything; record keeping; the ability to personally modify or upgrade the system (physically or program wise)... I could go on all day.
Yawn