Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You should go for saturday air driving. Yes I know It's a pay cut,but very valuable experience.
I used to drive Saturday air about 5 years ago....I stopped because it just wasn't enough hours. Now if I go back....is air driver seniority separate from building seniority? I don't remember. For example, if a guy who's worked PT 5 years and worked saturday air for the last 2 years...would he have seniority over me?

I used to drive Saturday air about 5 years ago....I stopped because it just wasn't enough hours. Now if I go back....is air driver seniority separate from building seniority? I don't remember. For example, if a guy who's worked PT 5 years and worked saturday air for the last 2 years...would he have seniority over me?
Just for air driving. Get your DOT card,gain some experience. (Think of It as paid training) When your time for a bid comes up,you will be ready!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Im saving up for my own retirement shack.as long as I have a beer fridge and and a bathroom!
image.jpg

Early model retirement shack with outside bathroom.
image.jpg

Late model with all the upgrades including your own private deck.

Call 1-800-867-5309 for pricing. Ask for Jenny.

J

jibbs

Thanks for showing your maturity. You can't make your point without acting like a child. It's called discrimination to prevent someone from getting a position because of their age.

It's not discrimination to have jobs available and appropriate for employees near (or even past, if they so choose) retirement age. You know how they get past the discrimination issue? They just don't say you're not getting the job because you're young. Seniority is a time-based thing if you hadn't realized, and accruing it goes hand-in-hand with becoming older. Thus, older, more senior Teamsters find it easier than their coworking counterparts to slide into a desirable (read: "easy") position.

We're not talking rocket appliances here.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thanks for showing your maturity. You can't make your point without acting like a child. It's called discrimination to prevent someone from getting a position because of their age.
No one is talking about not giving senior employees porter jobs. We were talking about not making porter jobs lifetime bids, so more employees have an opportunity to bid on the position. If you can't follow the conversation.... then pipe down, adults are talking.

bowflex

I left on good terms as a reg temp driver . I moved to another state and got hired quick as a regular temp. The new hub is a lot better but I am calling out tomorrow and that may seal my fate. Do what's best for you and don't do anything you are not happy with. If they let me go I will be making the same or more within a year and you can do the same 100k isn't as hard to make as it used to be.