Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

Rawrzxor

I know right. You bust your butt everyday and some clown is telling you that you got it easy. Its annoying.

I wasn't saying that unload is generally easy, and I've been to unload several times. As was said, any job at UPS isn't easy. All I was saying is that for the loaders in my area, most of them would rather do unload. And let's say that they want to because, at least, they *think* it's easier. I also said that it really just depends on how hard you work, in general, no matter what job you have.

Rawrzxor

I wish it would be a 2 hour peak shift. Not everyone is desperate for chump changes. Lol. I would rather invest that time studying instead of slinging boxes.

This is why I'm swapping to the 3.5-4 hour midnight shift ASAP. After 6-7-8-9 hour shifts, coming home to study is out of the question. My grades have definitely suffered as a result. I'm sure as hell not working at UPS for the rest of my life, either. Unless i

If you think about it, it's really not that bad. He's socializing with people he likes, and has a lot in common with, as opposed to staying home watching the Price is Right. It gives him purpose every day. Plus he's getting PAID.

Just preference I guess. I'd rather stay home, but the driver I talked to while I was a helper also said that after you've spent basically 20, 30 years of your life for the company, you want to take as much as possible from them. That was his explaination of why he wasn't g

Just for air driving. Get your DOT card,gain some experience. (Think of It as paid training) When your time for a bid comes up,you will be ready!

What's a dot card?

I left on good terms as a reg temp driver . I moved to another state and got hired quick as a regular temp. The new hub is a lot better but I am calling out tomorrow and that may seal my fate. Do what's best for you and don't do anything you are not happy with. If they let me go I will be making the same or more within a year and you can do the same 100k isn't as hard to make as it used to be.

I had been wondering about that. Are you able to get constant work as a temp driver? Meaning that you don't have to go back to the hub if you're a *reg* temp driver? If I could get constant hours every week, then I'd think about doing it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This is why I'm swapping to the 3.5-4 hour midnight shift ASAP. After 6-7-8-9 hour shifts, coming home to study is out of the question. My grades have definitely suffered as a result. I'm sure as hell not working at UPS for the rest of my life, either.
Perhaps you should be studying.