Thinking about quitting

Leon

Anonymously quircky
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about looking for work elsewhere. Going on 6 years with the company, almost 4 full time. Enjoy the job but don't want to work OT until I retire and my life has passed me by. I'm a single guy about 30, live below my means. Not sure what I want to do yet but if I quit want to do it right and save some money first as I'll hit top rate soon. Looking into working for the city or maybe DNR? Enjoy being outdoors and staying active, I'll pass on the OT though. Any suggestions? When am I vested in the pension? Have about 60k in the 401k. Roll it over? Or what? Looking for suggestions or advice in doing this the right way. I could stick it out for 10, 15, or 20 years but not sure it would make me happy. It seems this place gets worse almost daily. Does anyone see it differently? Thank you in advance.

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about looking for work elsewhere. Going on 6 years with the company, almost 4 full time. Enjoy the job but don't want to work OT until I retire and my life has passed me by. I'm a single guy about 30, live below my means. Not sure what I want to do yet but if I quit want to do it right and save some money first as I'll hit top rate soon. Looking into working for the city or maybe DNR? Enjoy being outdoors and staying active, I'll pass on the OT though. Any suggestions? When am I vested in the pension? Have about 60k in the 401k. Roll it over? Or what? Looking for suggestions or advice in doing this the right way. I could stick it out for 10, 15, or 20 years but not sure it would make me happy. It seems this place gets worse almost daily. Does anyone see it differently? Thank you in advance.
I have seen more delivery drivers quitting in the last several years then in the last 40 years. I would hate to get up every morning regretting going to work.

542thruNthru

Hey everyone,

Vested would depend on your supplemental agreement. I would speak with your BA and maybe make a call to your pension office.

Good luck to you Leon. Hope you find something you enjoy doing.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Hey everyone,

Nah man. This place sucks for sure. You’re doing better than I was at your age. Go do something else. This place is great if you never went to college. Otherwise, go do you. Good luck

Box Ox

Hey everyone,

You might not think you are but you’re still young. If you’ve saved enough money for further education in a valuable profession from plumbing to coding, pursue it and don’t look back. Save your body and raise a happy family. GTFO. You’re still in the driver’s seat.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Hey everyone,

Youre a driver and are single? Start banging bitches. The hell is wrong with you?

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
If I do it's soccer. Outside of that I'd like to help improve the earth, by planting native plants or other means
I used to do re-veg (biotech) for my local national park. Did it for 7 years. Kinda depressing spending as much time as we did collecting seeds, nurturing the plants, planting them in the wilderness, only to find them destroyed by people. Sure, some sites were successful, but I often felt our operation was in vain.
That being said, I absolutely loved the work. Only worked about 9 months out of the year.
I really disliked working for the government. Miles and miles of red tape.
Happy I transitioned to UPS. Sure the hours blow sometimes, but I wouldn't trade it for a government job (personal opinion).
Just my 2¢.
Do something that makes you happy. Im happy (or should I say, satisfied) looking at my empty pc at the end of the day. Then, I'll enjoy the wilderness on my time off.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hey everyone,

Go find a bartending job. At your age and being single, the chicks will be plentiful. When you start waking up and the average weight next to you is 170ish….. it’s time to change careers again!

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about looking for work elsewhere. Going on 6 years with the company, almost 4 full time. Enjoy the job but don't want to work OT until I retire. Looking into working for the city or maybe DNR?.
They work more ot than we do...

That pension isn't what it use to be...

Especially trying to start now.

Them bennies are gonna cost you a chunk.

Which departments within City or DNR are you thinking?

Don't make a bad decision out of frustration.

Take a week off...

Comeback.

Work a couple days...

Take another week off.

You'll feel better then.

Good luck.

Helping.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Hey everyone,

Do yourself a favor and stick it out one more year. Save your ass off this next year; live as lean as possible. It would just be such a waste if you left this place with NOTHING.
USE UPS, don’t let it use you 😎

Hey everyone,

Keyword is pension and benefits
Yes this job does suck but once you get a little bit more time and get some seniority you might be able to pick a better route or different position

BrownThunder

There is a life for you outside of UPS.

It will be hard at first. You will wonder if you made the wrong decision and gave up one of the best things you had going.

I assure you, in time you will find your way. Hit the ground running, keep your head up and most importantly stay active!

allahuakbar

She/Her
If OT is your main issue just stick it out another 2 years. When properly utilized the 22.4s should eliminate most OT.
Obviously there will always be OT but who knows once carol gets the PVDs into full time jobs.