Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
July 7th 1865,,,
The Lincoln Conspirators are hung
B062AAA3-C1B9-4138-9DB4-07DC5460EE8C.png

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
1932 - U.S.A. Beer Bill Rejected Again
1932 : A bill to legalize beer containing 3.2 percent alcohol was presented to the senate but was again rejected keeping the country dry for a further period.

Covemastah

1985 - U.S.A. Coke Changes Formula
1985 : The Coca Cola company makes one of worst decisions in marketing history when it decides to change it's original formula and introduces "New Coke", this was a resounding flop and the public did not like the taste, after just a short period the old coke product was reintroduced as "Classic Coke."

Covemastah

Ruth would of won more games than Cy Young , but the Yankees bought him & stupidly ruined this great pitcher and made him an outfielder!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Ruth would of won more games than Cy Young , but the Yankees bought him & stupidly ruined this great pitcher and made him an outfielder!
he saved baseball . the 1919 black sox could have killed baseball. ruth brought it back from near death. of course the Red Sox had him and sold him to NY. I never cared for ruth. was a huge Mantle fan growing up. but the RedSox has been my team since around 1964. used to bring my transistor radio to school with single ear plug to listen to games. teacher never knew.

can still name every position on the 67 red sox. easy peasy

Covemastah

July 13 th 1985 - The Live Aid Concert
1985 : The Live Aid Concert was a series of rock concerts held to raise funds for famine relief in Ethiopia around the world in cites including London, Philadelphia, Sydney and Moscow. The concerts attracted close to 200,000 people and using satellite link-ups and television broadcasts around the world attracted an estimated 1.5 viewers in 100 countries watching the concerts performed live. The Concerts were organized by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure and raised over $250 million. Below are just some of the artists who provided their time and performances for free and this concert showed like nothing before or after what can be achieved when ego's and a desire to give something back by some of the most popular figures in entertainment put their efforts in.

Covemastah

1933 - Germany Other Political Parties Banned
1933 : All other political parties are banned in Germany except for the Nazi Party.

Covemastah

July 16th
1999 - U.S.A. John friend. Kennedy, Jr.
1999 : John friend. Kennedy, Jr. his wife, Carolyn Bessette Kennedy; and her sister, Lauren Bessette, die when the single-engine plane that Kennedy was piloting crashes into the Atlantic Ocean near Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts.

Covemastah

July 17th 1941
Joe DiMaggio goes hitless ending his 56 game hitting streak !!!
When the pressure was off him on the 18th , he shouldah went to see a dentist !!
Look at those choppers !!!
but hey , give a tip of the cap to him , he banged Marilyn Monroe !
987683D0-D7D2-4830-A78E-9AAA4AE63F93.png

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
During that time baseball was HUGE in this country and Jolton Joe was a national hero. He was a very reserved person that loved and hated the limelight at the same time. I read the biography of him last year. He was a tortured soul.

He was considered the greatest living hitter of all time much to the consternation of Teddy Williams who lost 4 years of his prime as a pilot in WWII and Korea. Not to take anything away from DiMaggio but can you imagine if Williams played those 4 years while in his prime?