This Day in History......

Future

Victory Ride
They found more ways to lose a SuoeboSup than the Browns find a way to lose a regular season game.
ADCB9916-9545-4276-AA65-AE7C3155C7EC.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jan. 28, 1986
At 11:38 a.m. EST, on January 28, 1986, the space shuttle Challenger lifts off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, and Christa McAuliffe is on her way to becoming the first ordinary U.S. civilian to travel into space. McAuliffe, a 37-year-old high school social studies teacher from New Hampshire, won a competition that earned her a place among the seven-member crew of the Challenger. She underwent months of shuttle training but then, beginning January 23, was forced to wait six long days as the Challenger‘s launch countdown was repeatedly delayed because of weather and technical problems. Finally, on January 28, the shuttle lifted off.

Where were you when this happened?
I was answering phones at Cline's Auto Sales in Salt Lake City when Bill Breedlove ran in and frantically turned on the TV.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Jan. 28, 1986
At 11:38 a.m. EST, on January 28, 1986, the space shuttle Challenger lifts off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, and Christa McAuliffe is on her way to becoming the first ordinary U.S. civilian to travel into space. McAuliffe, a 37-year-old high school social studies teacher from New Hampshire, won a competition that earned her a place among the seven-member crew of the Challenger. She underwent months of shuttle training but then, beginning January 23, was forced to wait six long days as the Challenger‘s launch countdown was repeatedly delayed because of weather and technical problems. Finally, on January 28, the shuttle lifted off.

Where were you when this happened?
I was answering phones at Cline's Auto Sales in Salt Lake City when Bill Breedlove ran in and frantically turned on the TV.
I was watching it with the rest of my 5th grade classmates live on TV.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jan 29, 1936
On January 29, 1936, the U.S. Baseball Hall of Fame elects its first members in Cooperstown, New York: Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Christy Matthewson and Walter Johnson.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Jan 29, 1936
On January 29, 1936, the U.S. Baseball hall of Fame elects its first members in Cooperstown, New York: Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Christy Matthewson and Walter Johnson.
I have been to the HOF several times , what a thrilling experience to go and see !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jan. 30, 1948
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the political and spiritual leader of the Indian independence movement, is assassinated in New Delhi by a Hindu fanatic.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jan. 31, 1865
On this day in 1865, the U.S. House of Representatives passes the 13th Amendment to the Constitution, abolishing slavery in America.The amendmentread, “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude…shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction

moreluck

golden ticket member
Feb. 1, 1984
On this day in 1974, University of Washington student Lynda Ann Healy disappears from her apartment and is killed by Ted Bundy. The murder marked Bundy’s entry into the ranks of serial killers as he had recently attacked his first victim, Sharon Clarke, in her Seattle home. By the time he was finally captured on April 27, 1979, Bundy had become America’s most famous serial killer

moreluck

golden ticket member
Feb. 2, 1887
On this day in 1887, Groundhog Day, featuring a rodent meteorologist, is celebrated for the first time at Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. According to tradition, if a groundhog comes out of its hole on this day and sees its shadow, it gets scared and runs back into its burrow, predicting six more weeks of winter weather; no shadow means an early spring.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Feb. 2, 1887
On this day in 1887, Groundhog Day, featuring a rodent meteorologist, is celebrated for the first time at Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. According to tradition, if a groundhog comes out of its hole on this day and sees its shadow, it gets scared and runs back into its burrow, predicting six more weeks of winter weather; no shadow means an early spring.
I wonder if people from Gobbler’s Knob are known as Knob Gobblers? I bet @Brownslave688 and @Operational needs know the answer.