This Day in History

floridays

It's a new world ... and BTW, I call it being patriotic as well.

Somethings are bigger than me!
I don't see it as blind obedience with WWII.
I can't recall the last thing I was larger than.
Maybe the animal world, domesticated that is.
A simple engineered virus isn't finished wrecking our Republic, 300,000,000+ me's until Dr. Fauci say's it's clear of course.

floridays

Those Krouts mustah Sheit their pants when those ships came over the horizon,,, God Bless those men & I drink a toast to my uncle Leo who at 19 yrs old ran up on that beach I June 6th 1944 Here's to you uncle Leo !!!! And all the men who freed the world !!View attachment 340096
Me too, To Your Uncle Leo,
Thank You Uncle Leo

Cheers Uncle Leo
beer mugs.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
6/14
1940 : German tanks rolled into Paris and took control of the city and the German Gestapo went to work with arrests and interrogations as a gigantic swastika flew beneath the Arc de Triomphe

Covemastah

6/17

1972 U.S.A. Start Of Watergate​

1972 : Five men are arrested for breaking into the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate office, hotel, and apartment complex in Washington, D.C., when they are arrested they have burglary tools, cameras and film, they were later identified as part of Nixon's re-election team.

trickpony1

Somewhere around this date, June 18, 1968 Iron Butterfly released their single "In a gadda da vida".
All these years later, it's still one of my favorites......
For your consumption....

Covemastah

6 /20 / 1975 U.S.A. Jaws​

1975 : The summer blockbuster movie "Jaws" is released about a great white shark attacking swimmers at Amity Island, a fictional summer resort town.

Covemastah

6/23
2012 : Former assistant football coach at Penn State Jerry Sandusky was found guilty of forty-five out of forty-eight counts of child sex abuse after his trial concluded. Sandusky was immediately taken into custody and would likely face a life sentence.