This is why I started drinking

I never use to drink but once I became a driver I noticed i started to drink more

Long working hours linked to increased risky alcohol use
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150113204339.htm

"Employees who work more than 48 hours per week are more likely to engage in risky alcohol consumption than those who work standard weeks, finds a new study. Risky alcohol consumption is considered as more than 14 drinks per week for women and more than 21 drinks per week for men. It is believed to increase risk of adverse health problems, including liver diseases, cancer, stroke, coronary heart disease and mental disorders."

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Makes sense. Look at the oil fields. The amount of booze those guys consume is incredible.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I never use to drink but once I became a driver I noticed i started to drink more

"Employees who work more than 48 hours per week are more likely to engage in risky alcohol consumption than those who work standard weeks, finds a new study. Risky alcohol consumption is considered as more than 14 drinks per week for women and more than 21 drinks per week for men. It is believed to increase risk of adverse health problems, including liver diseases, cancer, stroke, coronary heart disease and mental disorders."
Thanks for the info .
I'll limit myself to 20 for now on .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Makes sense. Look at the oil fields. The amount of booze those guys consume is incredible.
I got a buddy working there. They work 16 hour days for 2 weeks straight then get a week off.

I think they drink because your body needs wind down time before it's ready for bed. One way to get around that is have a few quick whiskeys right after work.

UPSGUY72

I got a buddy working there. They work 16 hour days for 2 weeks straight then get a week off.

I think they drink because your body needs wind down time before it's ready for bed. One way to get around that is have a few quick whiskeys right after work.

They drink because there is nothing else to do or that they want to do when they are off work. It has nothing to do with the actual work. Same reason why a lot of military people that are stationed over see drink a lot. There is little to do when your not working. Drinking makes the off time go by a little faster and more enjoyable.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Well that and going from the 2 weeks of 18 hour days to nothing has to make things boring. I've been out there, there's two things to do. Shoot guns and drink. Some guys have decided to try both at the same time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well that and going from the 2 weeks of 18 hour days to nothing has to make things boring. I've been out there, there's two things to do. Shoot guns and drink. Some guys have decided to try both at the same time.
Lol. Yeah my buddy flies home every week off.

He says at the end of the two weeks you literally want to kill yourself. Then he says you get your check and it's like ok I can do this again. Lol

bbsam

Staff member

So that's the reason you started...what reason will you need to stop?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Does drinking a lot lead to the use of unusually large fonts?