This may be a sensitive for some specific upsers, however, it's about racism and sexism.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hello, I am new to here and I haven't really thought to post or anything, but this... I feel like I have to have a saying about this based on my experience in Henrietta, NY. Currently, I work at a place in another state. I am aware that United Parcel Services company have the policies and work law to accept all people, diverse, people with disability, all genders, etc... I used to work at morning shifts in Henrietta, NY. It was great there because everyone was on great teamwork and very helpful to each other following the workloads, except everyone was irritated because of tiredness and that everyone has to work at the unusual hours during morning shifts. But...until I transferred to night shifts.. it wasn't bad at first, until some months later, I start to notice more and more of what's going on.. and how some supervisors at night shifts faced toward me and toward other employees... there used to be two female supervisors at night shifts. Now, one transferred to the morning shift. Another female supervisor doesn't work at night shift anymore. All supervisors at night shift are male and white except one male black superior. I had noticed that often, new employees who are female or diverse such as people of color weren't being comfortable working at night shifts. They worked shortly, then they quitted. It's a repeating pattern. One supervisor was being racist toward Asian employee and he's very favoritism because the Asian employee was a little overwhelmed with the difficult sorting workload at a fast pace. He tried his best to catch up as much as he can, but he kept being picked on to keep up. It had on for a week or so. The supervisor didn't seem really helping him at all that much. Then, he was placed to do another workload. Of course, later, he quitted. A white employee, I repeat, a white employee was positioned in the same difficult sorting position, the white supervisor seem so supportive and help him to catch up... that wasn't very fair and racism in my eyes. Another thing, it's very sexism environment at night shifts in Henrietta, NY based on my experience.... often, male employees will take over the workload sometimes... and they haven't really respect female employees' space... I worked at most of the times in the small sort. Sometimes, I worked in the metro. There were times where male ups drivers arrived, they will load the packages on the belt other than take caring of their air packages and, they haven't given enough for me to do the rest... I once told one ups driver that I will do it, but he didn't take it and keep insisting to do it... it was the only hours and workload that I worked... in the small sort, sometimes, there are some male employees from another area than small sort walking across will take bags away from me without asking for my permission and toss them on the belt. They went in my space... only few will respectfully ask for the permission to do so... Some supervisors aren't being good leaders. I could say a lot more, but I am going to keep it simple. This need to change. The night shifts in Henrietta, NY need to addressed and modify the racism and sexism situation.... including maintaining on developing a better communication system for deaf employee like me (this had been somewhat improving while I was there as I invested a lot of my times fighting for better communication between faculties). I believe that night shifts need to have more diverse and gender difference supervisors so everyone will feel comfortable working at night shifts here, not just at morning shifts where there are more diverse and female supervisors. I am here to be open about some of my experiences and what I had been seeing and lastly, I want to spread awareness. So, we all, as upsers can keep up the good fight for the better of things at our workplace to create a safe space for our employment ethics & human rights!
Lmao

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
157835A8-CDDC-4157-9A76-57077A8A6E74.jpeg

wtf

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Hello, I am new to here and I haven't really thought to post or anything, but this... I feel like I have to have a saying about this based on my experience in Henrietta, NY. Currently, I work at a place in another state. I am aware that United Parcel Services company have the policies and work law to accept all people, diverse, people with disability, all genders, etc... I used to work at morning shifts in Henrietta, NY. It was great there because everyone was on great teamwork and very helpful to each other following the workloads, except everyone was irritated because of tiredness and that everyone has to work at the unusual hours during morning shifts. But...until I transferred to night shifts.. it wasn't bad at first, until some months later, I start to notice more and more of what's going on.. and how some supervisors at night shifts faced toward me and toward other employees... there used to be two female supervisors at night shifts. Now, one transferred to the morning shift. Another female supervisor doesn't work at night shift anymore. All supervisors at night shift are male and white except one male black superior. I had noticed that often, new employees who are female or diverse such as people of color weren't being comfortable working at night shifts. They worked shortly, then they quitted. It's a repeating pattern. One supervisor was being racist toward Asian employee and he's very favoritism because the Asian employee was a little overwhelmed with the difficult sorting workload at a fast pace. He tried his best to catch up as much as he can, but he kept being picked on to keep up. It had on for a week or so. The supervisor didn't seem really helping him at all that much. Then, he was placed to do another workload. Of course, later, he quitted. A white employee, I repeat, a white employee was positioned in the same difficult sorting position, the white supervisor seem so supportive and help him to catch up... that wasn't very fair and racism in my eyes. Another thing, it's very sexism environment at night shifts in Henrietta, NY based on my experience.... often, male employees will take over the workload sometimes... and they haven't really respect female employees' space... I worked at most of the times in the small sort. Sometimes, I worked in the metro. There were times where male ups drivers arrived, they will load the packages on the belt other than take caring of their air packages and, they haven't given enough for me to do the rest... I once told one ups driver that I will do it, but he didn't take it and keep insisting to do it... it was the only hours and workload that I worked... in the small sort, sometimes, there are some male employees from another area than small sort walking across will take bags away from me without asking for my permission and toss them on the belt. They went in my space... only few will respectfully ask for the permission to do so... Some supervisors aren't being good leaders. I could say a lot more, but I am going to keep it simple. This need to change. The night shifts in Henrietta, NY need to addressed and modify the racism and sexism situation.... including maintaining on developing a better communication system for deaf employee like me (this had been somewhat improving while I was there as I invested a lot of my times fighting for better communication between faculties). I believe that night shifts need to have more diverse and gender difference supervisors so everyone will feel comfortable working at night shifts here, not just at morning shifts where there are more diverse and female supervisors. I am here to be open about some of my experiences and what I had been seeing and lastly, I want to spread awareness. So, we all, as upsers can keep up the good fight for the better of things at our workplace to create a safe space for our employment ethics & human rights!
what.jpg

Box Ox

I hope you can someday find happiness because worrying about all of the above won’t get you there.

a.levenson798

ARTICLE 36. NONDISCRIMINATION
The Employer and the Union agree not to discriminate against any individual with respect to hiring, compensation, terms or conditions of employment because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, physical disability veteran status or age in violation of any federal or state law, or engage in any other discriminatory acts prohibited by law, nor will they limit, segregate or classify employees in any way to deprive any individual employ- ees of employment opportunities because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical disability, veteran status or age in violation of any federal or state law, or engage in any other discriminatory acts prohibited by law. This Article also covers employees with a quali- fied disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
I am very aware about this policy, like I said, yet, those things STLL happen at the workplace, anyways.