This may be a sensitive for some specific upsers, however, it's about racism and sexism.

a.levenson798

Yes. And, regardless some ignorant people on here, I still stand on my own ground to leave this post on here because I feel like everyone need to be aware about this. Good day to people who don’t really understand/care at all and only few people who understand. Simple as that. Peace out. Insult, mock, laugh at me all you want. I don’t care about that. I care about the real issues out there… because if we don’t reallt say anything, the more people are silent, the more things happen, so… sure, worrying about all of those won’t get me there, but at least, I know that I will with some people who would do the same thing by speaking up. And, to those ignorant people who only care about my grammars, okay, I don’t care what you think. Does grammars really that matter than the real voice…? Think about who you are… smh.

oldngray

nowhere special
heard_07.gif

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Yes. And, regardless some ignorant people on here, I still stand on my own ground to leave this post on here because I feel like everyone need to be aware about this. Good day to people who don’t really understand/care at all and only few people who understand. Simple as that. Peace out. Insult, mock, laugh at me all you want. I don’t care about that. I care about the real issues out there… because if we don’t reallt say anything, the more people are silent, the more things happen, so… sure, worrying about all of those won’t get me there, but at least, I know that I will with some people who would do the same thing by speaking up. And, to those ignorant people who only care about my grammars, okay, I don’t care what you think. Does grammars really that matter than the real voice…? Think about who you are… smh.
You gotta have thicker skin to work at male dominated companies like ups, it’s just reality. Also, after you told your union steward about this issue , what did they say and do?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Most of the people who post on this site have been with the company more years than you have been born, you cannot listen to what has been told to you from media resources or the company’s web site... most of it is window dressing at best, sure they will say they are willing to address social issues, but the bottom line is their profit margins and always will be.

The truth is in order to last or succeed with this Company and Union, just go to work on time, do the work and keep your mouth shut. Never report anybody to anybody, management or hourly unless it is an actual criminal activity. Do not expect any any different treatment than your fellow co worker and start to see the benefits by studying the higher seniority members and how they do things, they been there and done that.

One great thing about working in a Union shop is
In order to advance you have to pay some dues, it is all about seniority never about your skin color or gender. Most of workforce at UPS are male and there is reason for that, deal with it.

I been with the Company and the Union for over 44 years, seen a lot of unjust things, but I never reported anybody to a higher authority, Very seldom did I have an issue with a union coworker when I did I faced them and kept it ourselves. If I had an issue with Management I would just file a grievance and leave it at that..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You’re a part time supe aren’t you

Well, you buried the fact that you're deaf at about word 41,743 into your dissertation, most people on here didn't read that far. You were presumed ignorant based on atrocious grammatical mistakes and incessant rambling. When you're perceived as ignorant, you will not be taken seriously. You should've maybe led with that fact to kind of ease people's expectations while reading.

As for your racism/sexism concerns.....make your concerns known in real life, not an anonymous internet forum, you'll get no results here.

quad decade guy

Well, you buried the fact that you're deaf at about word 41,743 into your dissertation, most people on here didn't read that far. You were presumed ignorant based on atrocious grammatical mistakes and incessant rambling. When you're perceived as ignorant, you will not be taken seriously. You should've maybe led with that fact to kind of ease people's expectations while reading.

As for your racism/sexism concerns.....make your concerns known in real life, not an anonymous internet forum, you'll get no results here.
Being deaf and grammar.....really? A bizarre assertion...are deaf people taught differently? Can't read or write because they are deaf?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yes. And, regardless some ignorant people on here, I still stand on my own ground to leave this post on here because I feel like everyone need to be aware about this. Good day to people who don’t really understand/care at all and only few people who understand. Simple as that. Peace out. Insult, mock, laugh at me all you want. I don’t care about that.
tenor.gif

Being deaf and grammar.....really? A bizarre assertion...are deaf people taught differently? Can't read or write because they are deaf?
In fact, yes. Not unlike many other languages where things like verbs, nouns, and prepositions are moved around when compared to English. I figured a man of your education level would understand cultural diversity and language barriers therein.

Speaking of your education, rambling post after rambling post you are also guilty of significant grammatical errors, what's your excuse?

dogs.bite.me

Does speaking up on here really effect change though? Go talk to your managers, supervisors, union reps, fellow employees. You may find a different perspective that could iron some of these things out. You may wake some people up to things that need to be changed.

coming HERE gets you nothing. Social media isn’t the answer to real life problems.