This ones for all you Guys and Gals who like to BEAT ORION

tourists24

Heff is right... ORION guys don't care about service but drivers should. If u follow safety and service above all then let management show u how to follow their system

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

I love when I'll get a split added to my route and it includes businesses being delivered last. Yup, unless I change my trace, I wouldn't be anywhere close until 6-7pm. Even though UPS's records have them closed.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If it doesnt work, just turn it off and get the job done. It really is that simple. They are going to bitch at you regardless of what you do, so you might at well make the choices that benefit the customer and help you get the route done on time.

CharleyHustle

I don't care what anyone says there is a hidden agenda to Orion and its not miles

It's coming. They are working with our pre-load, telling them they want to "wallpaper" the loads. They start loading packages against the back wall and then outward to the end of the shelves. Now, this seems to have no effect on the proficiency of the loaders and is a nightmare for drivers, so logically, the only reason to "wallpaper" would be to get more packages on each car.

Miles are a large determining factor in the allowance, so if they can reduce miles they reduce the allowance and can put more work on each car (hence the need for "wallpapering"). It would be interesting to know which miles they are comparing to get a reduction in miles. Would it be miles if you just followed EDD? Yesterday? Yesterday is totally different, as is the same day last year or last week. Routes change, loops change, stops, pickups, whole centers. It would seem that a true measurement would require a much larger sample than just one route, maybe like the whole center's miles/piece. But even that could be misleading, because just delivering less packages could cause a drastic change in that number.

soberups

ORION's only "hidden agenda" is to make profits and provide job security for the con artists who sold this snake oil to the idiots in Atlanta.

soberups

so

So exactly how do you document this and put it on them?
Ask them to put it in writing that you will not be held responsible for any service failures that result from following ORION.

They wont do it, of course, so that means it is still up to YOU, not ORION, to make the decisions and if they whine about the "compliance" number you generate you can politely suggest that they go tell someone who cares.

Worry about the stuff (like safety and service) that matters, and let your management team worry about the stuff (like ORION compliance) that doesnt.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
so

So exactly how do you document this and put it on them?
I have filed many many harassment grievances when they are wanting to "discuss" production. My position is very simple: If a supervisor via Telematics cannot tell me what i am doing wrong on the route then i am being harassed,end of story. my job is to work safely,by the methods and to give a fair days work for a fair days pay. I dont discuss "numbers" production" or any other Harassing subject. Once they realize you dont care they find easier targets,especially after a few grievances.
my management team dosen't like me but I don't concern myself with that

I am VERY consistent in that I have never have late air,missed pieces, business closed between 12-1 or after 5, never get calls about misdeliveries, never have Driver Release Follow Ups,work at the same pace every day ,use the same high degree of safety and usually Zero out the Telematics report. THAT is what I am paid to worry about.
If you can prove you are doing the job perfectly what can they say or do?

soberups

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1397769510.949688.jpg

How Now Brown Cow

They are going to bitch at you regardless, as stated by many above. One day I finished 5 minutes earlier than the orion plan said I would. The next day, the normal report showed I was about an hour over. When my center manager asked what happened I said "I finished right on time according to the orion plan, which reports are we going to go by? " He said "my reports of course, and quickly walked away." They aren't going to be able to bust my balls about production when orion seems to be a little more accurate on how long the day could take.