This year will be an even better one for UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This year will be an even better one for UPS - KTVZ

UPS just completed a record year. The current one will be even better.

The delivery company earned $3.2 billion in the fourth quarter, excluding special items, up 36% from a year prior and topping the forecast of analysts surveyed by Refinitiv by about $500 million.

UPS and rivals FedEx and the US Postal Service have all experienced a surge in package volume since the start of the pandemic, as consumers accelerated the trend of buying more items online rather than traveling to stores.

The fourth-quarter results capped a year in which UPS’ annual earnings reached $10.7 billion, excluding special items, up nearly 50% from the strong results it reported in 2020. Revenue for the year reached $97.3 billion, up 13%.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
All you current UPSers have to work a little harder/faster this year. Blow these numbers out of the water and keep my pension deposits coming.

Karma...

I see no reason for this trend not to continue....Call this the new normal and new M.A.R.........Carol is doing a far superior job than her predessors called sticks in the mud.......Its great to see a woman trounce the men concerning results, leadership and optimistic for the future.....

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I see no reason for this trend not to continue....Call this the new normal and new M.A.R.........Carol is doing a far superior job than her predessors called sticks in the mud.......Its great to see a woman trounce the men concerning results, leadership and optimistic for the future.....
She has to push you guys and gals harder. See too many UPSers looking at their phones everyday.

Karma...

not push harder.....work more efficient and safer........pushed production is counter-productive.......when I was running belts and unloads I often talked with and asked them to slow down by working smarter and the overall areas ran better by following the methods.....

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Disagree. Push the older guys until they break and replace them with new blood. Fresher legs and lower wages. Company doesn't need anyone with 7 weeks vacation.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
not push harder.....work more efficient and safer........pushed production is counter-productive.......when I was running belts and unloads I often talked with and asked them to slow down by working smarter and the overall areas ran better by following the methods.....
That's nice but ups does not have a full boat of employees and there is not a good amount waiting to be hired

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Then you would be the first supe in ups history to do so

Karma...

I never asked a person to do more I have done......its the old ups way and the marine way......dont forget that in my day management came from the teamsters thus having credibility ...In the marines officers often came from the enlisted ranks....chesty puller thought that all officers should come from enlisted as he did...

tramtwo

management have their bonus and shareholders have their dividends... how much of this expanding pie has been shared with workers

Up In Smoke

These profits are made on fewer but higher revenue pkgs. Tax cuts from 2017, the elimination/replacing of management pensions, outsourcing HR, BD, safety and payroll all contribute to less cost of running the business. The American Rescue Bill relieved UPS of billions of dollars set aside for Central States Pension support also. Investments in robot unloading systems, tractor/trailer leasing and rail expansion will see it's day and savings.