thrift plan

keithurban

hey gang does anyone have a phone number for the thrift plan i know that they stopped taking money out a while ago but for some reason i have a little bit in and i want to get it out so i need to give them a call but i dont have the phone number. thanks

dragracer66

hey gang does anyone have a phone number for the thrift plan i know that they stopped taking money out a while ago but for some reason i have a little bit in and i want to get it out so i need to give them a call but i dont have the phone number. thanks
Try the number that's on your pay stub. They might point you in the right direction or they might help you.....

Channahon

Ask someone in management to get with the district controller, he or she may have or know how to get the number. Do you get any statements that show how much you have left? Maybe there's a number on that form

badpal

i always wondered what happenned to the guys that stayed in the old thrift plan. Does it still grow every year. wish they had kept it

mpeedy

We can't take any of the money out till we quit or retire. I have 22,000 in it. It grows by about 900 a year for me.

trickpony1

Is this the "thrift plan" that everyone one was led to believe would be around forever?
Is this the "thrift plan" that was touted as a "nest egg" for everyone from the lowly PT'er up through the district manager?
Is this the "thrift plan" that some old-timers in a neighboring state had $150-200 thousand dollars in?
Is this the "thrift plan" that "our" (there's that word again) company just up and said, "OOPS!, we changed "our" mind.....you all gotta buy "our" stock with that money now".

Gosh.......makes me wonder what will happen when the company takes over "our" health, welfare and pension and then, sometime down the road say, "OOPS!, we changed "our" mind. Your benefits are changing to........"

.........but what could I know, I'm just a dumb truckdriver.........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told we had to take it out at the time of the IPO. I got UPS Stock and some cash, that I put into some Mutual Funds. Back when I was in it, we could put three to six dollars a week in it, but the interest rate hit about 20% at one time. I wish we still had it too, along with private stock.

upsdude

Is this the "thrift plan" that everyone one was led to believe would be around forever?
Is this the "thrift plan" that was touted as a "nest egg" for everyone from the lowly PT'er up through the district manager?
Is this the "thrift plan" that some old-timers in a neighboring state had $150-200 thousand dollars in?
Is this the "thrift plan" that "our" (there's that word again) company just up and said, "OOPS!, we changed "our" mind.....you all gotta buy "our" stock with that money now".

Gosh.......makes me wonder what will happen when the company takes over "our" health, welfare and pension and then, sometime down the road say, "OOPS!, we changed "our" mind. Your benefits are changing to........"

.........but what could I know, I'm just a dumb truckdriver.........

Yep, kind of like the Teamsters telling the Central States guys, oops, we changed our mind. Or my good friends in Joint Council 83 raising the deductable to $1,000.00 per person a few years ago. Made it easy for them to not pay ANYTHING towards doctor bills. It took me a few years to recover from that one.

I'm not trying to beat up on you Trick, I just don't trust either the company or the Teamsters.

O

old upser

THERE IS NO NUMBER ,TALK TO YOUR HR. PERSON IN YOUR BUILDING.YOU MUST HAVE MONEY IF YOUR WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOUR MONEY IS AFTER ALL THEESE YEARS..........

ups_vette

Seems that Mr Positive (trickpony) is experiencing selective memory again. That's what happens when you drink a pint of whiskey a day, as he stated he does.

Granted, converting your Thrift Plan monies to UPS stock was ONE of the options available. You also had the option of investing the monies in an IRA, account, 401K savings plan, or take the cash The decision which option to take was the employee's decision.

The employees who converted their monies to UPS stock increased their worth over 100% when UPS went public, and are happy today with their decision. Judging from Mr Positive's (trickponey) post he made a different decision. Ce La Vie.

HazMatMan

Seems that Mr Positive (trickpony) is experiencing selective memory again. That's what happens when you drink a pint of whiskey a day, as he stated he does.

Granted, converting your Thrift Plan monies to UPS stock was ONE of the options available. You also had the option of investing the monies in an IRA, account, 401K savings plan, or take the cash The decision which option to take was the employee's decision.

The employees who converted their monies to UPS stock increased their worth over 100% when UPS went public, and are happy today with their decision. Judging from Mr Positive's (trickponey) post he made a different decision. Ce La Vie.

So then, how is it that people still have money in the thrift plan?? how are they still allowed to keep it in there if it no longer exists?? and, how are they still collecting interest??

ups79

you could leave the monies in the thrift plan, but the company would no longer add anything to it. You would only earn money from the investment of the original monies. Probably averaging interest at the rate of inflation.

JohnG

We were lead to believe we had to get out of the Thrift Plan at one point......and most did. However I know a couple of people that stayed in and have done VERY well . Better than the 401.............but I can't complain about the stock....so far . I would still advise anyone still in it (Thrift Plan) to stay in til they retire !