Tier 1 Hub

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is there some new technology that keeps the from just tumbling out and smashing? That seems like it would have to create a lot of claims. Maybe they slide out? Rather than just fall off the tailgate?

Don't know how it works, but I heard that Columbus OH is building a new building and is supposed to have these automated unloads. And I heard that is one up and running somewhere in KY.

Supposedly tilts the trailer up in the air and the packages fall out. I'm assuming some kind of huge ram with a plate the size of the door opening to keep the packages from falling out too hard.

This is probably why it takes 9 minutes, instead of 9 seconds, controlled chaos instead of a total dump.

I was waiting for @TearsInRain to explain it. He is supposedly in IE.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Don't know how it works, but I heard that Columbus OH is building a new building and is supposed to have these automated unloads. And I heard that is one up and running somewhere in KY.

Supposedly tilts the trailer up in the air and the packages fall out. I'm assuming some kind of huge ram with a plate the size of the door opening to keep the packages from falling out too hard.

This is probably why it takes 9 minutes, instead of 9 seconds, controlled chaos instead of a total dump.

I was waiting for @TearsInRain to explain it. He is supposedly in IE.
a guy literally posted a vid of it what else do you want

it comes in two sizes depending on the PPH required, it's made by ZE GERMANS, and it's going to gut union staffing like whoa

it also has nothing to do with whether something is a tier 1 hub, hub tier is about how much volume passes through in a year, among some other very vague criteria

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
a guy literally posted a vid of it what else do you want

That is not our trailer, not our packages and not our building.

UPS always does things different than anyone else. I assumed we have something entirely different than what the video shows.

it also has nothing to do with whether something is a tier 1 hub, hub tier is about how much volume passes through in a year, among some other very vague criteria

While an automated unloader does not make a tier 1, I will bet that the automated unloaders are only going to be installed in tier 1 hubs....for now.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I have one of those.

56627ab72526b5d8717a479c7e4bee70bca41a59980a90db18c738e2b5ef88b0.gif

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
That is not our trailer, not our packages and not our building.

UPS always does things different than anyone else. I assumed we have something entirely different than what the video shows.

While an automated unloader does not make a tier 1, I will bet that the automated unloaders are only going to be installed in tier 1 hubs....for now.
details details

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Do they plan on dumping the pkgs into the new hi tech trailer as well? Looks like if it's anything like that vid it's gonna be a :censored2: pile going in and coming out too.

If not, then they'll still need to be loaded manually and not really save that much money. They might unload faster but if they're all jumbled up, the loaders will still have to pick through that ball of crap to get to anything.